Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealing Meta Tags

Actually hiding Meta Tags is very important in terms of preventing them from being imitated blindly. I know that some of you think that i am up to no good, but this is anything but tru. I am a student, and i thought that you, at AO, would help me to figure some vague aspects out.
    For instance, Cnn hides its Meta Tags, is it ILLEGAL?

Tiger Shark,
    Of course, putting the content on-line will make it public. I just want to make Meta Tags unseen for the visitores, and this is uncompromised right. I don't want anyone to imitate my meta tags. I think no one likes his work to be stolen. That's all what i am leading toward.

maybie sepultura, you could explain in more detail the situation you need to hide your meta tags? I am finding it hard to find a reason why imitating meta tags would be a security issue (or do you mean manipulating meta tags?)

For instance, Cnn hides its Meta Tags, is it ILLEGAL?
    go to www.cnn.com and you will find
    <html lang="en">
    <head>
    <title>CNN.com International</title>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1800">
    <title>CNN.com</title><link rel="Start" href="/">

How is that hiding their meta tags??

sittingduck
    I\'m a SittingDuck, but the question is \"Is your web app a Sitting Duck?\"

I did not mean all meta tags i meant Meta KeyWords, which the search engine crawl about when you make a search query. I hope i am clear now.

Why hide Meta KeyWords ???

The search engine need to it and if you hide it, they will not read your Meta KeyWords!!! What are you putting in your Meta KeyWords ? illegal things to attire more people on your site and you don't want that your visitor see it. Because i cannot find a good reason to hide that. theyt are just keywords for help search engine and useless to anyone else.