Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phish?

I apologize if i am just repeating what has been said already ( i'm at work and can only speed read through the posts). I just received this SunTrust email and read this article linked on your website http://www.enterpriseitplanet.com/se...le.php/3437601 . If this is a Trojan does that mean I am infected just by getting the email, even if i haven't followed the link? Also can somebody explain to me what the purpose of the gibberish is on the bottom of some of these emails. Usually it's written in white and do not notice them unless you view source or highlight the text. Here's an example:

in 1808 Men in 1930 Verizon Strike Digital Cameras where were? in 1976 Magazines in 1948 Don't listen to Loft Story Terra may close Alaska Panasonic in 1816 in 1918 skateboard Weather USA Toys but... Winamp Jennifer Lopez Digimon

What is that? Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions.

Banned
    best thing to do is not click links for any type of bank. Last i knew if there was a problem with your account, the bank would call you....not email you, just because of this type of problem.

Banned
    i think the gibberish is to get the email through spam filters? i see it in yahoo chat rooms even when i have spam filters theyll go at all lengths to get through. why don't they understand(respect?) our decision to ignore them heh.

My guess would be that they copied the content from suntrust to their site and modified it. They then capture your account info as you enter it on the site you think is legit and forward you on to the legit site making you think nothing is wrong. Then later they can use the information and you don't even realize that you gave it to them.