Thread: GA-7N400 and/or GeForce4 MX 4000 troubleshoot (please help)

GA-7N400 and/or GeForce4 MX 4000 troubleshoot (please help)

I have Gigabyte GA-7N400. motherboard and when I put this video card: Asus NVIDIA Geforce4 MX4000 V9400 Series, in AGP slot windows XP whant to instal drivers for a "OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controler" and computer stop responding until I reinstall windows. With other video cards on AGP this drivers for IEEE controler are not instaled and I am sure I do not have a IEEE controler on my motherboard (i do not have firewire).I have the latest version of bios. What is wrong with my video card or with my motherboard??? What I must do to not install this IEEE controler ????

PS Was not another video card there before. I installed windows after I formated my HDD and Windows XP have installed OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controler from the begining.

Just Another Geek
    It can happen. Some videocards seem to change the PCI ids. Then windows thinks you have new hardware and will find all sorts of stuff that was already installed. But because the IDs changed Windows thinks it's "new".

Was there another videocard in there before? Did you uninstall it before you removed the card? Try booting to safe mode and deinstall the "old" driver. Then switch off and replace the card with the new one.

If that also fails, try downloading and installing PCI and AGP drivers for your motherboard. Or if you installed those deinstall them and try again.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

No!! Was not another card there before. I installed windows after I formated my HDD and Windows XP have installed OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controler from the begining.

on that MB' manuals is mencioned that MBhas a on-board IEEE-1394 controller. So maybe the problem its not VGA related. However during the installation of IEEE controller and VGA card the process may hang..

1st idea:
    - be sure that you have the latest stable bios
    - be sure that you have install on nvidia drivers (for MB, AGP, etc) before start
    - go to bios and force AGP 2X
    - boot on safe mode and install vga drivers
    - reboot and see what happens
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    on that MB' manuals is mencioned that MBhas a on-board IEEE-1394 controller. So maybe the problem its not VGA related. However during the installation of IEEE controller and VGA card the process may hang..
    I am sure my MB not have on-bord IEEE 1394 controller (you can see this just clik Gigabyte GA-7N400.

1st idea:
    - be sure that you have the latest stable bios
    I am very sure I have latest bios version

- be sure that you have install on nvidia drivers (for MB, AGP, etc) before start
    I have installed
    - go to bios and force AGP 2X
    My bios don't have thist option. I only can chance voltage.

- boot on safe mode and install vga drivers
    - reboot and see what happens
    I installed vga drivers on safe mode too (with fresh instalation of windows) but when I boot in Normal Mode window find again new hardware IEEE controller and windows stop working

Originally posted here by stelianj
    [B]I am sure my MB not have on-bord IEEE 1394 controller (you can see this just clik Gigabyte GA-7N400.
    my bad. ive download the manual and went thru it. however, I didnt read the manual carefully. That was a indication that IEEE-1394 is for For GA-7N400 Pro only.

edit:
    ive found this in a forum. see if works and maybe you find something there :
    On a side note, some Gigabyte boards have hidden BIOS settings which can be brought into view by pressing CTRL-F1 whilst in the BIOS setup
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.