*heads up* winamp exploit

Thread: *heads up* winamp exploit

*heads up* winamp exploit

Brett Moore has reported a vulnerability in Winamp, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
    Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code.
    The advisory can be found:
    http://secunia.com/advisories/13269/ <--there

According to the discoverer, the vulnerability has contrary to vendor statements not been fixed in version 5.06.

Just as Nullsoft has basicly killed all development, great.
    Hi.

Regal Making Handler
    Just as Nullsoft has basicly killed all development, great.
    It's not Nullsoft, AFAIK. It's AOHell.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

A new version got released (today?) and includes a fix for the above mentioned vulnerability.
    http://www.winamp.com/player/version_history.php

Originally posted here by jinxy
    It's not Nullsoft, AFAIK. It's AOHell.
    i heard something similar. can't be bothered checking it up right now though :|

and yerman who made winamp day one, he's fairly wealthy i believe. it's cool to get rich off a free app! probably made lots of money off aol/tw.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Banned
    AoHell LOLLERSKATES!!!! i know dachronic im suprised people even still talk bout that. and crap, im still using winamp 505:X and winamp stopped making? that sucks. seems they should release the source, for its still the best player out.