Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It only takes 3 years to say thank you, eh?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

It only takes 3 years to say thank you, eh?

So it only takes 3 years to say thank you for this. I wonder how long it will take for him to say thank you to Gander, which went under a heavier strain than Halifax as far as accommodating the planes and passengers.

Source: Washington Times

Ottawa, Canada, Nov. 25 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush will visit Nova Scotia during his Canadian visit next week to thank residents for their help after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Sources in Ottawa told the Globe and Mail Bush will go to Halifax Wednesday morning after spending Tuesday in Ottawa in business talks with Prime Minister Paul Martin.

Residents in and around Halifax opened their homes to house hundreds of air passengers stranded after the terror attacks. Bush was criticized for a speech to Congress nine days after the attacks in which he failed to mention Canada's role in providing aid to the United States.

Sources told the newspaper the leaders' meeting in Ottawa is not expected to deliver much in the way of announcements. The pair is expected to discuss a number of issues, including help for the Caribbean nation of Haiti and the rebuilding process in Iraq.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

********** |ceWriterguy
    Maybe he was just busy with other things. You know how he gets distracted so easily...
    I'm glad to see him do it though - albeit quite late. Sometimes the thank you never comes at all from anyone, usually on those occasions when it's deserved the most.

A bit more on the 'deep' side - The folks that opened their homes to them I'm quite sure don't care if they're thanked for it or not, that being the mark of true heroes, friends, and neighbors.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Actually, they did. During the first few months after the attacks Bush went around thanking everybody (including Mexico) for what they did but not a word about Canada.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

********** |ceWriterguy
    Ah, well then... as a sovereign citizen of the United States of America, and acting in my capacity as ex-officio Ambassador without portfolio, I thank the town of Gander and the nation of Canada for their efforts. Please pass the gratitude of a grateful nation on to them.

Sometimes the closest friend or neighbor is the one who goes unthanked.

[edit] I know that sounded a bit sarcastic. In fact, however, it's not. Apols if you were offended. Few Americans know of their right to act as ambassadors for their country, whether delegated or not, but it occurs every day when one travels or communicates abroad. [/edit]
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Re: It only takes 3 years to say thank you, eh?

Originally posted here by MsMittens It only takes 3 years to say thank you, eh?
    .GOV (Umpteenth expressions in the White House archives )
    *EPF109 09/24/01
    Transcript: Bush, Prime Minister Chretien at the White House
    (Bush thanks Canadians for support following Sept. 11 attacks) (840)

"You know, after this terrible incident on September 11th, one of the first phone calls I received was from the Prime Minister, offering all his support and condolences to the United States and our citizens. It was like getting a phone call from a brother. And I appreciate that so very much. "

"An amazing thing came up the other day. Somebody said to me, well, you know, in your speech to Congress, there were some(MsMittens) that took affront in Canada because I didn't mention the name. I didn't necessarily think it was important to praise a brother; after all, we're talking about family. "

"There should be no doubt in anybody's mind about how honored we are to have the support of the Canadians, and how strong the Canadian Prime Minister has been. And not only his condolences, but his offer of support for the American people. I guess there's -- somebody is playing politics with you, Mr. Prime Minister. "

Egg on your face! You're not supposed to eat eggs on Thanksgiving Day ~"An act of giving thanks; an expression of gratitude,"

Thanks, alot MsMittens.

We are talking about one of the most busiest men on earth! What did they expect, a few 911 widows checks? Those range in total, up into the millions!

Bush has been here a half dozen times and Mr. Cheney much more than that.... we never got thanked as a community for helping families and children of those killed in Iraq, or opening up shelters and homes for people stranded for weeks waiting for flights to resume and catch up after 9/11. And dimmit we never got thanked for sending TWO semi trucks full of stuff to Florida after hurricanes devastated the areas. But that's OK.

Those people in Nova Scotia are way cool. Thanks.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Bush didn't like Jean, probably because he and Clinton were golf buddies. I guess he likes Martin a lot better.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

MsMittens: No offense or anything (I really hope none is taken), but wtf did Canada do anyways? Better yet, what did they do that no other country didn't? And again, not to sound rude.. but who cares? I'm SURE he said thank you before just now because I saw it on the news. Canada was one of the first places he thanked for their "support" and what have you.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Smile

LOL Canada was one of the first to offer condolences and then Bush paid homage during the 09/24/01 speech. I'm telling you the Canadian media is censored or something by the CRTC (Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission) they are just now allowing fox news to most of their people.
    http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...rtc041118.html

RoadClosed, on behalf of Florida, I'd like to take the time to say Thank You. I was the recipient of donated materials during the hurricanes, so I'm qualified to say that. However, I'd also like to point out that what I recieved was a case of chocolate cookies and a case of Goldfish crackers. Now, I know that "beggars can't be choosers" but when I don't have water to cook with or wash with, when I've gone thru 9000000 batteries and am now out, and when I'm falling over with heatstroke from 100+ weather, chocolate cookies and goldfish crackers are NOT terribly useful.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.