Dr.Web Antivirus V. 4.32b

Installation:
Installation was quick and smoothed and registration was easy. The wizard guides you step by step.

Resources:
After reboot my resources were at 90%......this is excellent especially for older pc with not a lot of memory. Dr.Web is very easy on resource consumption.

Resident Modules:
There are (3) resident modules which are placed in the task bar by your time clock.
They are Splder Guard - DrWeb Scheduler and SplDer mail.
A.) SplDer Guard - When you place your mouse over this module it shows how many files scanned and if any are infected. By right clicking on this icon you can access 7 features: Settings,update,scanner,language,statistics,about and to purchase. This makes it very easy to access these features without opening the main interface.
B.) Dr.Web Scheduler - This allows you to set up tasks to suit ones needs and schuedule scans at different intervals.
C.) SplDer Mail - This controls your email scanning protection. By double clicking this icon you can access the settings for this feature, and are able to teak the settings if need be. This module also allows you to access all the features as SplDer Guard module does.

Main Interface:
When you first open the main interface, Dr.Web scans the memory/processes for any infections. This I find very practical and essential. Dr.Webs main inteface is easy to use for the novice and advanced user. To scan your C drive simply highlight Local Disk C and click scan. Now it took 1 hour and 10 min to scan my hard drive 29,540 files. It left no stones unturned. The current data base is almost 60,000 virus's DrWeb will detect. Heuristic Scan of course comes in to play on virus's in the wild. From other reports on this issue DrWeb has a good record.

Conclusion:
In my opinion the choice is yours. There are many antivirus softwares on the web, each are good in their own right, this just depends on what your looking for. However
DrWeb is a excellent antivirus software, this is my first impression. Low on resources, easy to use, has a sustantial data base to protect your pc. I will do further testing as to the Heuristic protection within the next couple of weeks. Dr.Web is a winner for sure.

http://www.drweb.com/