Hello everyone, been a while since I've really been posting here. Anyway...

At my school (I'm 17 as of January) there is a computer in the studio that the tech crew uses every day for our video announcements in the morning. However, because of previous [physical and password security] problems the admin account's password has been changed by some one who has not come forward. Formatting is out of the question...

Now, it's been a while since I've done windows password stuff, and my knowledge is very outdated, and fuzzy. I basically have no idea how to get back this account... whoever did this really messed up the computer, putting what I'll describe as 'awkward' images all over the drives.

I felt I should give a story so no one thinks I'm trying to break into my school's network.

So, if you haven't guessed by now, I would very much like to know how to change the password, or at least get the password so it can be changed, the system can be fixed, and we can finally update our virus protection.

As far as I remember, passwords are stored in PWL files...in some directory, and passwords are encrypted by... something...

Any help would be awesome.