Thread: Help with passwords and usernames with IM programs

Help with passwords and usernames with IM programs

I need help. I just updated my computer with a new copy of windows xp. I use yahoo as my main email and such. I had a copy of Yahoo messenger on my computer that would automaticaly log me in and it had my username and password stored. when I updated my computer I lost my stored username and pasword. Is there anyway I can get that back, as I cannot remember my password, and since I set up that account so long ago, I dont remember that "secret, dont forget this cause its your last chance to get your password back, secret word" that I made when I set up that account.

What I do have is a full copy of the Yahoo! folder that I backed up before I updated the computer ( if the password is stored in a file in there...I hope).. if its stored in the regestry I guess Im just SOL.

Is there any hope for me?

Thank you for all help in advance!

Jaime

http://edit.yahoo.com/config/forgot_opt

did you try that ? im not sure if they ask yo for the secret word there !
    O.G at A.O

if u don't remember ur "forgot ur password?"secret question i am sorry to say u r down and out u should rather try setting up a new account and forget last one.
    i am not sure where yahoo stores ur user name and password(never tried reverse engineering)
    but i am pretty sure that it is stored in encrypted form.
    try diassmebling ypager.exe and see what u can find out.i don't think there is any short cut for u.
    nobody is perfect i am nobody

or if you wanna try some crackers from

http://www.lenshell.com/yahoo.htm

??
    O.G at A.O

Personally, I use yahoo but I don't like it, I think MSN has a better setup. But maybe you should email yahoo and explain the situation, you may have a chance, but I highly doubt that will help, but, it's worth a try at least.

It's hard-to-nearly-impossible to make a case for being the rightful owner of the account to Yahoo!... You'd have a better chance trying to crack some file than convince some Y! tech to let you in
    /\\

Banned
    i wouldnt try to crack the password, because yahoo will lock your account after 3 failed attempts. Then youll be mad.