Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTS Antivirus 2004

CTS Antivirus 2004

Found this freeware while surfing the net but haven't tested it: http://www.emilsoft.net/files/html/p...ivirus2005.htm

Just installed and the first thing is that it detects one of the program SpeedswitchXP as a worm. When I click Ignore and it still keep giving the same message. Can't get it to close and I killed the process. The next thing I do is to start it again and it give "Subscript out of range" error. The most terrible antivirus I have seen

Hi Falcon,

In all fairness, it is a BETA test version.................that is what they are there for? I have beta tested a few in my time

Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Peruvian, Maltese................it is actually good fun!

Also, please remember that what some people think is "beta" would probably be considered "alpha" by you and me ................hey we didn't see it to begin with?

I would suggest that you report your findings to the developers (which is the whole point of alpha and beta testing), as it is getting close to Christmas and the New Year..................they appear to be Austrian?

Cheers

EDIT: And it is open source, and you can get the source?

Hi falcon try the AVG antivirus it worked for alond time for me ,
    but now i cant seem to up grade.This is a fully fuctional version

Hi superwomen~

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

They are in the process of a new release AVG 7.0, perhaps that is your problem?

Cheers

Ya, I am also using AVG and the version 7 looks better. What I like most is that update is super fast. I am not looking for another antivirus, but to try out new freeware

Hi again

Thanks for the reply i tryed to install 7.0 and the computer said installation
    error well anyway i just tryed AVAST and it works, but its only for 60 day thats ok
    long as i have something my computer has been going nutts

superwomen~

You might try booting into safe mode and uninstalling AVG6, then boot into normal mode and install 7.0 Sometimes upgrades and updates do not work because you have a corrupted file.

EDIT: you can use Avast for as long as you like, you just have to register it in 60 days:

"avast! Home Edition is now free of charge for HOME users for NON-COMMERCIAL use. You can find more info here. If you are not a home user or you use your computer for profit, you are asked to use the commercial version - avast! Professional Edition.

To use the Home Edition, you should register it. After the installation you have 60 days to do the registration. The registration process is very easy and will take you only a couple of minutes."

I tried this and got:

Subscript out of range modAntivir.Main
    // too far away outside of limit

OhhhhhhhhhhhhhhNooooooooooooooooooo!

Not: "Runtime Error 9: Subscript Out Of Range"?

Well, I think you need to do something about it, you too superwomen~

AFAIK this is a Visual Basic runtime error message. My first move would be to get the latest Visual Basic Runtime 6.0 software from the MS support site. I think it is at SP5 at the moment. See if that does the trick.

Otherwise I have heard of a trojan that tries to kill AVG, ZoneAlarm and other AV...........that might also interfere with an attempted installation.....................I cannot remember the name

So then I would go for running SpyBot S&D and AdAware SE in safe mode .

Then PC-Cillin's "Housecall" and Panda Software' online scanner

Then try NAI's "Stinger" and the trial version of Moosoft's "The Cleaner"

Also CWShredder...................might as well go for a clean sweep if we can

Good luck