Thread: Outlook and java

Post Outlook and java

Hi all,

Am working on a project in which i had to send mails to a list of email ids from a database. But the mail server is running a firewall and blocking any attempt to connect to it using port 25(exchange server), and am not able to connect using java mail api.

As i had configured the outlook to send mails to exchange, is there any way to create an outlook message object and send mails using outlook (in java). i can be able to find some code snippets using .net, but not in java.

can anybody provide me a link or a code snippet

Thanks in advance

Ninja Code Monkey
    You would need to look into com automation with java. It's doable, you just need to use google.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Just Another Geek

Re: Outlook and java

Originally posted here by Sun
    Am working on a project in which i had to send mails to a list of email ids from a database. But the mail server is running a firewall and blocking any attempt to connect to it using port 25(exchange server), and am not able to connect using java mail api.
    Why don't you have a chat with the admins to see if they'll open it for you?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Re: Re: Outlook and java

Originally posted here by SirDice
    Why don't you have a chat with the admins to see if they'll open it for you?
    I talked to the admin, but as its a big establishment, it needs a lot of formalities. So it will be difficult to set it up. I dont have admin rights in the system as well. So i can tinstall a test SMTP server.

So its better to go for COM automation, ad till now, i dont have any worth links or code snippet. So struck in the middle.