Thread: which html design program to use in linux???

which html design program to use in linux???

Ok the subject pretty suggests my question!I want to stop using dreamweaver (don't want to use M$ xp anymore) so I want to know if anybody knows any good program like dreamweaver to use in linux-not just an html editor!I know I won't find anything better than dreamweaver but sth quite similar???I already tried amaya and bluefish_I am frustrated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Is that the place where I am supposed to say sth clever and brilliant so that everybody understands how clever nice guy I am????
    Screw you guys I am going home!-Kartman

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hrmm.. I've always used vi as my HTML editor but only because I'm used to doing HTML code by hand. You might want to look Quanta as an editing suite. If you are comfortable with Dreamweaver you might want to invest in CodeWeaver's Open Office, which can run Dreamweaver on Linux.

Also, might want to check with DMX Zone: Dreamweaver and Flash Zone for more ideas.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Ok thanks!I started downloading quanta and then will try if not satisfied Codeweaver!Thanks alot again MsMittens!
    Is that the place where I am supposed to say sth clever and brilliant so that everybody understands how clever nice guy I am????

Just Another Geek
    You could try to dive into the deep end and try to get macromedia to run on Wine.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I have already found some instructions on frank's corner (or sth like that) but I want to try a linux program...besides...I should do alot of stupid things to get dreamweaver to work if we suppose that just following the instructions is successful...I want to prove to myself that I don't want windows anymore so that's why I am trying to do that!!!
    Don't flame,don't answer,don't flame!