Thread: Easily exploitable service

Easily exploitable service

Hey,

I'm lookin for a (perhars) old version of a network applications that is easily to remotely exploit. I am trying to learn from this to get a grip on network security, I am planning to install this porgram on my Linux box to attack from my second one. Thanks alot.

A default redhat 7.3 with services enabauled wouldnt take more than o.2 secondons on a lan just use the sambal exploit by eSDee of netric.org voila root try securing the box and breakikng in though youll learn more
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

I'd also consider picking up a copy of Jon Erickson's Hacking: The Art of Exploitation if you really want to understand how to code exploits. Using somebody's tool will get you as far as maybe understanding that particular vulnerability [after may hours of staring at the PoC] but it will still be far from grasping the theory behind overflows and what have you.
    /\\

you probably can find some exploits on some sites like

www.ussrback.com

and you can find some here on AO in the archive
    [gloworange][shadow]www.geocities.com/dia_byte0 [/shadow] [/gloworange]

No To 1559 !

Signature image is too tall!

Originally posted here by hypronix
    I'd also consider picking up a copy of Jon Erickson's Hacking: The Art of Exploitation
    i have read that book pretty cool explaination of mathods of exploitation if you are just starting up and want to code exploit in linux enviornment then you should certainly read that book.
    nobody is perfect i am nobody

Originally posted here by littlenick
    i have read that book pretty cool explaination of mathods of exploitation if you are just starting up and want to code exploit in linux enviornment then you should certainly read that book.
    While it is true that the book uses example code for a Linux x86 machine, I find it useful for the theory involved too. It's not about copying and pasting code out of a book, that won't make you a hacker or anythig short of a secretary... but many of the theoretical aspects are OS-independent.
    /\\