Thread: LC5 Hash Tables

LC5 Hash Tables

Hey folks!

I have the newer version of L0pht Crack (LC5) and I would like to get ahold of the "precomputed hash tables". Anyone have an idea where to get those? Thanks.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Do a search on Google for "Rainbow Tables". That will get you started in the right direction. Also, take a gander at Password Cracking with Rainbow Tables in AO's Security Tutorials Section.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Just Another Geek
    Just a note:

* Pre-computed password tables are not offered with the "LC 5 Professional" edition.
    Source
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I suppose that's why he's looking for them..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Exclamation

Hello all,

On the subject of pre-computed hashes, I "quickly" need an application or method, that will allow me to take a list of passwords and create a pre-computed hash table table to use in LC5, which would be the same as a rainbow table but using a list of passwords rather than a char set. The attempt here is to pre-compute the passwords so at a later date I can run LC5 and the session would run faster against the passwords that have not changed.

I know it is a bit out-of-the-ordinary but some people up the ladder don't understand how some things take time...

Thanks!!

Tony

Pre-computed hashes are meant for computing all keyspace (aka pre-computed bruteforce). Since you only want to use a set of passwords, what you a really doing is a dictionary attack. Just make a dictionary file with the passwords and roll.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier