Thread: free window server firewall

free window server firewall

Last time I downloaded one firewall from the net and my 2kserver box gone blue screen errror. Samething happened when i installed lexmark printer. Do I need every product to be digitally signed by microsoft for server ? If not do i get any descent free firewall on the net for 2k server ?

help will be highly appreceated.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If you are blue screening when you make program changes such as installations then something in the system is corrupt. I would suggest a reinstall of the OS.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Dead Man Walking
    Your also probably not going to find many server grade firewall aplications for free. Fire wall compamnys kinda figure that if you can afford 2k server then you can afford thier product.

IPSec is free 'cos it's built-in and you can do a reasonable job of locking a server with it if you think about what you are doing.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

TS,I am poor at backup for reinstalling OS. I thought this is the second time i reinstalled and still have a burden of loosing data at the first one.

ZM,

I was wondering if companys can figure that people can't afford anti-virus and made the server grade freely available, why not firewall? Thought that some antionliner knows some.

Try booting from the CD and chosing "Repair" the OS....

Then run all the patches. It should fix the problem without affecting your data.