Thread: help about a .bat file...

help about a .bat file...

greetings all...

i need a .bat file, taking a number of .sqc files in a specified folder and converting them all to .c files at once...

ive already have this one:

PROC80.EXE iname =%1.SQC SQLCHECK=SYNTAX MODE=ANSI oname =%1.C ORECLEN=999 IRECLEN=999 LTYPE=NONE (lets say it sqc2c)

the bad thing is i have to use it for every single .sqc separately, giving as input the ''sqc name'' without the extension...

i guess that a command like for %f in (*.sqc) do sqc2c %f might be close to the answer but the result is files with double extension .sqc.C...

do u have any idea ? may be a way to substring the ''file.sqc'', take away the extension and then run ''sqc2c'' ?

im apologising in advance if im not describing the situation well enough... please note that its the first time im experimenting in something like this...

regards...
    Hey Hunter... I assume you have something against wings and for that you kill birds... I also have something against stars but i do not kill skies...

Just Another Geek
    do u have any idea ? may be a way to substring the ''file.sqc'', take away the extension and then run ''sqc2c'' ?
    Set should be able to do this. Have a look at help set.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Banned
    Why not just use ren *.sqc *.c ?