Thread: Kerio Firewall problem

Kerio Firewall problem

Hey everyone,

I've been having some trouble lately with the firewall I've been using for quite some time, Kerio PF 4. I found out that when I browse the internet with IE, Kerio thinks that some local ports that IE opens are really unopened ports, and so blocks access to them. How helpful.

Now, interesting enough, it does not prevent access to the internet, it just slows it down, and causes me to click a few times on a link for it to load.

I've attached a zip file with some screenshots, one while the firewall is active and another when it is disabled.

Can anyone shed some light on this topic? If not, could you recommend a different firewall?

Thanks
    Mike
    Either get busy living or get busy dying.

-The Sawshank Redemption

yanksfan,

No solution here (other than checking the Kerio configuration and looking for some sort of "allow ports" option - I'm not familiar w/ Kerio), but I would recommend Sygate. I've used it for over a year, and haven't had any problems...

http://www.tucows.com/preview/213160.html

-Wiski

[EDIT]

Didn't think to ask before - you said that you've used Kerio for some time...

What have you changed? Did you update Windows recently? Update Kerio? Perhaps you've reinstalled the firewall, or adjusted some settings? Surely it just didn't start doing it one day - unless caused by malware, etc... Something must have changed??? How long have you been using Kerio?

[/EDIT]
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Pure guess, but it sounds as if you have installed Win XP SP2 and not disabled its firewall?

You might try getting the latest version of Kerio as well. I think there was one released about a month ago?

EDIT:

http://www.myriad-online.com/cgi-bin...num=1092643472

You will see from the list that Kerio PF 4 is on the list of problem software for Win XP SP2

I guess that's why, that Kerio isn't supported. I've had the windows firewall disabled since I installed SP2. Thanks for your replies.

-The Sawshank Redemption

Banned
    I've been using Kerio with SP2 as long as I've had SP2. I've never had any problems (even with the Windows firewall on).

Hi Negative,

I think that you are right.......all he needs is the latest version from about the beginning of November, then he should be good to go? I think that he must have had a rather old version?

cheers

Greeting's

for firewall recommendation's:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=262916
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hi Negative,

I think that you are right.......all he needs is the latest version from about the beginning of November, then he should be good to go? I think that he must have had a rather old version?

cheers
    No, I updated Kerio not too long ago, I think it was actually a few weeks ago, not the beginning of november. I'll see if there's another update/pach, whatever.

If not, it must be the rules, right, because I also have all the updates for Windows installed...?

edit:
    In response to your question, wiskic10_4, I just noticed it recently. I don't check the logs often, so it could have been from something two or three months ago. I can't really think of anything that would cause that...Also I do have the latest version of Kerio

I really like Kerio, so I'm not too eager to switch to another firewall. Any other suggestions as to what I could try to fix it?

Mike

-The Sawshank Redemption