Thread: bb-hist.sm exploit?

bb-hist.sm exploit?

can anyone give me some info on the bb-hist.sm exploit?
    just tell me whatever you know about it, and plz links to more info if possible.

What the hell is .SM?
    It must be bb-hist.sh. Anyways as far your question goes I must say It is a bad question and most importantly the way you have asked it is terrible.
    It is your first post on AO i suggest you to first read some posts answer some ones questions if you can try and understand what a good post is like and what a bad post is like.
    Try to find out what kind of posts get people in trouble.

you can find this information easily just search for bb-hist.sh on google.
    nobody is perfect i am nobody

I thought ppl came here for knowledge?
    if I cant get some knowledge on exploits, then how will I ever learn to protect myself?
    BTW I'll have a look at some other posts.............

What he was saying is blatantly asking about an exploit the way you did makes it look like you want to use it. Being that you have now 2 posts under your belt no one here knows you or your intentions. Most people here dont respond well to requests like that. personnely I dont know much about that exploit. But I wish you the best of luck in finding out about it.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

I personally don't find anything wrong about asking questions about exploits. But there is a right way and there is a wrong way.Trying to learn how to write your own exploit is the finding about the vulnerability is the right way.Exploits development is the toughest programming experience i have ever had in my life at the same time it is attractive because you learn so much while trying to write your own exploit for a vulnerability.
    but saying something like "ust tell me whatever you know about it" is certainly the wrong way.
    I don't understand why people don't use google properly.

Yes, they do..............but remember that the average length of a post is under 200 words........so you need to be fairly accurate with your question?

I could answer your question, but it would take at least 3,000 words and probably take me about 2 hours............

That works out at around $241........................remember, we don't charge but I could be doing something else in those two hours?

I have been a member for around a year and a half now, and have learnt a lot..........at work you just go and see them, or you are talking on the phone in real time.............the time zone thing has really been brought home to me by this very website!

My advice is to take a look yourself, note what you don't understand.......then ask for information in small chunks.....

Cheers

Originally posted here by nihil
    I could answer your question, but it would take at least 3,000 words and probably take me about 2 hours............

That works out at around $241........................remember, we don't charge but I could be doing something else in those two hours?

My advice is to take a look yourself, note what you don't understand.......then ask for information in small chunks.....

Cheers

exactly my point you can help us by not asking this type of questions just go to google and search find out what you understand and what you don't understand then come back and make a new reply(or post)tell us what you know and what you don't understand.
    This way you can also make us learn new things and at the same time save our time(of answering you and of searching on google..... )

That would be right way.Remember never be shy of asking what you don't understand.

Shut up...
    Everyone just shut the **** up...
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1971/discussion/

I don't...
    if I cant get some knowledge on exploits, then how will I ever learn to protect myself?
    Because that has nothing to do with what your asking for... instead maybe it would make sense to actually update for once 'eh? Maybe install and run a sniffer and audit & setup rules, install something to aid you in file/sys auditing, disable un-needed services, never use administrative accounts unless its needed.

What people don't understand is the way your going about things maybe within oh I dunno, like a year or so, maybe you'll be able to edit the shell code in some exploit you downloaded and not know a damn thing about stack-overflows.