Thread: Port fowarding on a Windows NT server?

Question How to foward ports on a Windows NT server?

Well, I would like to start by introducing myself. Im Eddy, and obiously I'm new here at AntiOnline.

My question is if port fowarding is allowed in a Windows NT server. And if it is how do I get around to fowarding all incoming and outgoing porst to a single IP adress?

I'm asking this because I am a student who is kind of incharge of my high school''s network, and I have noticed that lately we have been infected with some trojans. The idea behind fowarding all the ports to a single IP adress is that, to stop the trojans from communicating with its source, I would set up a "fake" IP adress to a non-existing computer so there is no communication flow whatsoever.
    Did I do that??

why dont you just close the ports?
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

I have tried blocking the ports, but I find it that every so often they will appear re-opened. So I was hoping that whatever or whom ever is re-opening them will see them as open when they try to use them. I also suspect of internal intrusion, but being in a school and not having full clearanse, I can only do as much as recomending on changing administratinve passwords. And the port forwarding idea, I can defenetly deploy it, if possible.
    Did I do that??

AO French Antique News Whore
    Stupid Answer :
    Ask to get a update for a Windows 2003 server!

Good Answer :
    With a thrid party software, you could probably because Win NT 2 himself cannot. But it might cost more that just update to Windows 2003 to buy that software.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

:::LOL:::

Reply to "stupid answer:"
    The school is too cheap to invest money in the a new server. They rather spend money on getting the pricipal a new leather chair.

--I was thinking if it might be possible to write some kind of a script to do this. For example I know that this can be accoplished with a linux box ussing IPtabbles.
    Did I do that??

AO French Antique News Whore
    Win NT 4 was release in 1996. Linux is an update to date system, I'm very sure that IPtables were not in Linux in 1996

If you have only 1 server, the cost of Windows 2003 + 5 Cals is 1000$ US, if you have more that 5 users, Client Access Lience are 40$ Us per Users who access your server.

You can buy Windows Small Business Server + 5 Cals 2003 for 599$ US. if you have more that 5 users, Client Access Lience are 100$ Us per Users who access your server but with Windows Small Business Server, you get Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, SharePointe Service. Here a link if you are interest.

Link : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/pricing.mspx

If you need, I can provide you some good link why it's good to change between NT and 2003.

Good Luck.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

True Iptables were not around in 1996, but if I'm not mistaking IPchains where available and IPtables is an upgrade from IPchains...

Judging from this I think I can only resort to trying to keep those ports closed, and press the Board of Ed. to upgrading the server to Windows 2003.

Thanks for that link SDK, I think I will present it when I ask for the upgrade.... Also thanks to all the rest for your ideas.
    Did I do that??

Dont they have a firewall? If there is no firewall then they are absolut idiots. If there is one then any decent firewall can close ports. have you checked into seeing if there is a reason those ports are open? Perhaps they actually havea purpose and its not accidental that they get reopened
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com