Parade prohibition puzzles preacher
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parade prohibition puzzles preacher

Parade prohibition puzzles preacher

Why do we allow our government bodies to support all forms of religion as being acceptable and considered to be a part of the bigger picture of "cultural diversity"; but at the same time, why do we allow these same government bodies to actively actively suppress Christianity? I guess the message is that Christians do not have, should not have, or will not be allowed to have "culture" if any connection to a government body or government activity is suspected. I hope the people of Denver really pay attention to what is happening here and vote these spineless lowlifes out of office during their next election. (Regardless of Party)

Full Article: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...365940,00.html
    Holiday Diversity

A December parade in Denver will feature everyone from Chinese lion dancers to gay and lesbian shamans, according to the Rocky Mountain News, but not Christians who want to sing yuletide hymns or carry a Merry Christmas message.

Denver pastor George Morrison said his request to enter a float in the annual Parade of Lights, which apparently only coincidentally happens in late December, were rejected because parade officials wont allow any “direct religious themes.”

"It's a little confusing to me," said the pastor, George Morrison. "Here we have this holiday, Christmas, approaching, and Parade of Lights is suddenly changed into something where you can't even sing a Christmas song?"

The one-hour parade features elaborate floats with holiday symbols such as Santa Claus and gingerbread houses, plus an "international procession" of cultural groups.

The international portion this year features the Two Spirit Society, which honors gay and lesbian American Indians as holy people; a German folk dance group; and performers of the Lion Dance, a Chinese New Year tradition "meant to chase away evil spirits and welcome good luck and good fortune for the year."

Those groups are considered examples of ethnic diversity, not religious groups, a parade official said.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Most strange!

The one-hour parade features elaborate floats with holiday symbols such as Santa Claus
    Don't they realise that "Santa Claus" is "Saint Nicholas"................a Christian Saint?

And "The Festival of Light" is "Diwali", a Hindu religious celebration

lol Nihil, good points. It has nothing to do with religion. It's about one group hating another and using an existing framework to excercise their anger, hatred and bias.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Actually nihil the santa clause that they know is a coca cola advertisment so it is ok to show him and I wonder what are they going to do about the saint patricks day parades?

OFF TOPIC : Road nice signature. I haven't bought the album yet but have listen to it. It rocks and as for Slaine If they play there It would be great but I reckon I will just have to settle for seeing them in Paris ( France) in june or juily.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Regal Making Handler
    <off topic>
    U2, gone retro?.......They lost the plot for a while Imo. Best thing they ever done was, "WAR".
    </off topic>
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Alliteration Abashes Antionliners

That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

although i do think there is a war being waged against christianity which is completely un-american i find it rather ironic that its happening to a group that has done away with and made illegal countless holidays of other religions. the feast of eostar is now easter, hollowmas is now all souls day (or maybe its saints) which in turn became holloween, the rebirth of the sun became the birth of the son, etc. anyone caught celebrating the old holliday was prosecuted.

never let your dogma get in the way of someone's karma
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hi Ted~

Halloween is the end of October, and is "All Saints". All Souls is the next feast, and is November..........that being the month of the "Holy Souls", when we respect our dead.

You are quite correct, the early Christian Church "stole" traditional feasts, to make the conversion/transition process easier. This would be the "old religion", "wicca", or druidic religion....the solstices

An interesting fact is that we celebrate 25th. December as the birthday of Jesus Christ. Although they do not celebrate it as such, this is also accepted by the one billion or so Moslems .............remember that Jesus is mentioned 43 times in the Holy Qu'ran (Koran) whereas the Prophet Mohammed (PBOH) is only mentioned once

What I find strange about this thread, is that most religions are community based?.............so if you have a community event such as a parade, is it not natural that they be involved.?

I think that the people of Denver have "lost the plot"

anyone caught celebrating the old holliday was prosecuted
    Yeah in the 17th Century. TODAY the persecutors are on the opposite side of the fence. Their motivation is not religious, but selfish vanity.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Ah what's that word for cycle?

250 AD - Christians are being killed
    350 AD - Christians are the ones killing
    2004 AD - Christinaity is being condemed again.

What a crazy world.

Anyway, if they don't want church and state, quick! better remove all weddings from records, as well as all laws regarding sexual life, and the ammount/gender of parterns.

Blah, "ethnic diversity," what a joke, because diversity is having visable differences in people and pretending you don't see them.
    Hi.