Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to submit a formal complaint about the system

Computer Forensics

I'd like to submit a formal complaint about the system

So, if a user is ignoring another user, it prevents the 'ignored' user from participating in a thread that the 'ignorer' is a part of.
    This defeats the purpose of having a useful community. If someone being ignored prevents them from participating in threads, I'd have to cast my vote in the box that says "fix this ****, because it's stupid".
    I'd suggest that if someone is being ignored, then the ignorer should see said persons post as "hidden". This seems completely fair and reasonable because everyone that is a member here has the right to participate.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Re: I'd like to submit a formal complaint about the system

I agree. I never knew ignoring could cause this. I always thought it would just display the ignored posts as hidden, like you said.
    Bleh.

That's a damned good idea hogfly! There are like 12 members that would be ignored right now if all it did was hide their posts, but I'm afraid to click "ignore" b/c every now and then an annoying member might start a useful discussion....exactly as you said.

Heh, happens to me all the time (well, not ALL the time but it has happened to me alot). It sucks too, because I really wanna participate in that discussion/etc as well.
    Space For Rent.. =]

er0k
    why isn't this in site suggestions

Banned
    I didn't even know this... are you saying that if I would start a thread, and if I would put you on ignore, you wouldn't be able to reply to that thread? And what if someone else starts a thread, and I reply to it and have you on ignore, you wouldn't be able to reply?

I'm sure that that's not how it's supposed to be... I'm moving this to the Bugs forum for mnstrgrl to have a look at...

Computer Forensics
    Neg, good move. I wasn't sure where to put it because I think it's designed to function that way.
    It happens when the thread creator has you on their ignore list.
    EX:
    chsh couldn't post a response in the forensics forum because he is being ignored by irongeek. He was trying to respond to irongeek and got this message:

The original poster of this topic, Irongeek, has you on their ignore list. You are unable to reply to the threads they start
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Computer Forensics
    Originally posted here by er0k
    why isn't this in site suggestions
    Simply because I don't think "suggestions" gets paid attention to
    Antionline in a nutshell

Trust your Technolust

er0k
    true

Banned
    Edit:

Does this only happen with thread starters? Did IronGeek start the thread chsh tried to reply to but couldn't since he's on IronGeek's ignore list?
    I remember reading something about this (back in JP's days)... I'm pretty sure JP did it on purpose. It's always open for discussion, of course, and I guess mnstrgrl could remove it if requested...