Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: encryption

encryption

any one know any good books on cryptography.

How complicated do you wanna get???

I'd definatly suggest the "Handbook of Applied Cryptography", amazong book with code samples, its heavily maths based

depends what your after though, can you be more specific?? most of the stuffs on the net anyway...

cheers

i2c

i al looking for somthing to start with heavily maths based is fine with me i am really looking for somthing away from pub key thow.

Practical Cryptography. Be warned, bluntly expensive.
    \"Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
    O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes.\"

~Leonardo Da Vinci

Maybe you wanna look up something on Quantum Cryptography ?
    O.G at A.O

thanks for the info every one i will be looking at Quantum Cryptography it looks very good.

Quantum Cryptography is a method of key distribution based on the rules/laws of quantum physics. It lets people securely exchange large keys, so that the encrypted content can be distributed via traditional means without much fear of the data being decrypted anytime soon by other people.

I don't think you need to learn much about key distribution methods (other than most methods being insecure) since chances are you are not going to invent new ways of exchanging keys securely. You'll use traditional key distribution methods (such as public-key encryption of your private key, or a person with a briefcase handcuffed to his hand to deliver the key, etc) if you are trying to focus on cryptography from a more mathimatical standpoint with the different algorithms, etc.

I don't have any specific book recomendations for you. You may be interested in classical cryptography as a starting point, though. From there you could go into the time periods of the different World Wars and learn about the encrypting devices used then, and then move into more modern encryption methods with computers, etc. Hopefully this helps.

Cryptography and Network Security Will. Stallings.
    Gives a thorough introduction of different kinds of techniques (form classical to new age), for both cryptology+cryptoanalysis.

A very nice book with lots of algorithms and stuff+ some network security concepts.

There is a famous one called codeBreaker from David Kahn (more like crypto analysis and some historical stuff..ie how to break a cypher). I havent read it, but that is only because I could never get that book in stores. I think it was never launched in this part of the world.
    Better Laugh At Your Own Problems..
    Coz...The World Laughs At Them

Bruce Schneier "Applied Cryptography"

'nuff said! :P
    /\\

Cryptography (cryptology, actually) was one of my research topics this semester... I must recommend Simon Singh's "The Code Book" . I picked it up for some quick research, but ended up reading it cover to cover. It gives a fascinating history of cryptography, as well as an uncomplicated (yet informative) description of modern data encryption practices, such as RSA, PGP, and includes an entire section on quantum cryptography. Not sure about the cost, though - I picked it up at my local library...

-Wiski
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online