Bios Error

Thread: Bios Error

Bios Error

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ABOUT THIS ERROR.........

"MESSAGE CONFIRMATION The system intruded,chasisopened or tempered before.Please check the System..OK."

PLZ HELP THNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is NOT an error. Your BIOS has an alarm on it to let you know when the case has been opened.

If you did not do this, you may well have a problem..............with your physical security.

Boot into set-up and check the various settings. Somwhere there will be one to reset the alarm. The message will then go away.

Cheers

Originally posted here by nihil

Boot into set-up and check the various settings. Somwhere there will be one to reset the alarm. The message will then go away.

Cheers
    I had the same problem last month, I just adjusted the various settings to default settings. Later on it came back without openning the cpu casing. What does the possible settings we should recheck?
    I already tried the default settings again but It seems popups in bios settings every time I open the pc without prompting in bios or without using the DEL command.

Hi Jin~

What make and model of computer?

What BIOS and version?

I have particularly encountered this problem with machines that have the easy entry buttons..............just take the cover off, and make sure that it is FIRMLY replaced then clear the BIOS message.

DELL are particular offenders in this area..........well, they used to be............but there again, even getting the case off an old Compaq, Digital or Siemens Nixdorf was an art in itself?

Cheers

OMG I do love the hardware sub-forum, I don't think I have seen a flamewar here, ever?

Assuming you don't actually have a problem with people breaking into your case, have a look at the mobo manual and see if there is a jumper somewhere to disable the case alarm. There usually is. I had to disable mine that way cause half the time I run my box with the case opened.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Originally posted here by nihil
    Hi Jin~

What make and model of computer?

What BIOS and version?

I have particularly encountered this problem with machines that have the easy entry buttons..............just take the cover off, and make sure that it is FIRMLY replaced then clear the BIOS message.

DELL are particular offenders in this area..........well, they used to be............but there again, even getting the case off an old Compaq, Digital or Siemens Nixdorf was an art in itself?

Cheers

OMG I do love the hardware sub-forum, I don't think I have seen a flamewar here, ever?
    I do love the hardware sub-forum too!

And about the old Digital and Siemens Nixdorf cases... hell. Those old cube-like thingies were almost impossible to open after they had been standing a few years with a big CRT on their back... and then get the NIC's out of them with the stupid 'in a special form scaped' screws from Siemens... argh the term 'brute force attack' had some different meanings at that time

Some of the cases from tha time are very nice things, like the blue and purple SGI stuff....
    I love my SGI Indy RS5000 Webforce

I think your right guys I decided to check for the jumper area of the board itself and disabled the case alarm. It goes back to its proper condition, however a few hours later I restarted the pc itself it came back. Right after that guys I decided to flash the bios (update in other words)
    It seems to be in good condition right now.

Any comments on this guys.
    Or is is just a luck on flashing bios and the physical security error never came back again.
    Sorry Im not really good in english!