Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help, Please.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Question help, Please.

Hello fellow members of Antionline.com I'm currently having a promblem uploading my website to my ISP which gives me 10 mb of free webspace on there FTP server. Now I'm currently using the FTP method to upload my website. Which is access the FTP server through the browser using ftp://usernameassword@home.someisp.com this will establish the connection. Then I drag and drop my webpages onto the FTP server. Now my ISP requires that the main page of my website to be named index.html or index.htm default.html so it will show up as a website instead of a FTP Directory. I'm able to upload my HTML files(7 in all) to the FTP server successfully. After the files were uploaded correctly to the FTP server. I clicked on the index.html page the site came up everything except one image (.jpg) Is the main image for the site. It shows a big box around were the image would be with a little box within the bigger box. Image didnt display. I',m running the latest JVM (jave virtual machine) for Internet Explorer 6 and for Windows XP PRO SP2 Now the index.html page I have is from trellix site builder template from my other ISP. I have called both ISPs technical support about this issue they said since the site is up on the FTP server its fine theres a promblem with the tags/code on the page. So I double checked the source code html and very little javascript thats run on the client side. So I called them again and they suggested that I delete it off the FTP server and re-upload it to the server. I informed them that I did this 3 times and it didnt resolve the issue so at this point they were clueless and didnt provide support for the issue I was having. So I checked out there FAQ basic information, nothing for the issue I was having. So I decided to ask the experts all you guys/gals. Now I did this before about 9 months ago on the same two ISPs worked fine also even uploading the same exact .html files. All help is greatly appreciated. Computernerd22

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    umm.. could you post your code or just the sippet of the problem area? or just the site address?

Banned
    Gah... Using paragraphs in your post would be nice!

That being said... I'm no web-design expert, but are you absolutely sure that you referred to the correct file name? In other words: does your relative image-reference really refer to the exact place where your picture is stored (on the server)?

No expert here, but did you double check, to make sure that the name of the image, and the name you are using in the link to the image is correct. It has happened to me, many atime I have been off just by one letter and it has caused me some head aches. And I also advice to read everything carefully not just glimpse at it cause the brain can trick you sometimes into seeing or not seeing what really is or isn't there.
    Did I do that??

Sorry Negative for rephrasing what you said, but you beat me to posting your answer. I wrote it and forgot to post it righ away :::lol:::
    Did I do that??

Elite Hacker
    some characters cause trouble. I remember having trouble with the # character in image names. Name it as plainly as possible, and remember it might, and probably is case sensitive. I just assume everything is case sensitive as a rule of thumb. Even the extension is, so make sure it's not .JPG or something, MSPaint tends to make .JPG files. good luck.

Hey guys thanks for the fast replys very surprised. I am also new to web design and website building aswell just taking this up as a hobby.

umm.. could you post your code or just the sippet of the problem area? or just the site address?
    Heres the website address. Please keep in mind my site is under construction and iI'm novice in webbuilding. The URL is
    http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...pid=241873&ck=

Also, you guys see the links at the top about me, my services etcc.. I want to make so when you click on those links in the navigation bar it will take you to that part of the site.

Now to answer your question negative sorry about the long story should have did paragraphs next time for sure.

does your relative image-reference really refer to the exact place where your picture is stored (on the server)?
    Would this be the same server that already has my website on there server? or the one I'm trying to place it on? By the way thank you guys for the help. Computernerd22

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

Yes that is the one. Very good have some green. That is suppose to be displayed on the side of the mainpage where the big X is. Also, would you know how to fix it where I can click on the link in the navigation bar at the top that says about me, make it open about me webpage instead of sorry invalid URL appearing its installed on the FTP server. All help is very grateful.

Elite Hacker
    try giving people this link http://home.earthlink.net/~annkp72/
    it works for me from there. But not on the one you gave.