In Need of BIOS update, Can't find download

Thread: In Need of BIOS update, Can't find download

In Need of BIOS update, Can't find download

I need to flash my BIOS with a newer version, but I cannot find anywhere to download the .bin file I need. I have award BIOS v6.00pp. I have downloaded the award flash utility, and have read up on how to actually complete the proccess, but I can't find the file... Anyone got any ideas?
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Gurnt, you must not be awake yet.
    http://www.bios-drivers.com/
    First hit on a google search.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I don't know if I trust that website... Have you used em before? I found them, but I don't know if I can trust it... This is a $100 motherboard, I probably can't replace it if flashing goes wrong.

EDIT: Also, which one of those would I download? BTW, those downloads are posted by other users, so that makes me even more untrusting of it...
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

?? I have no idea......I have never had cause to flash my bios.

Couldn't you get a bios upgrade from the manufacters web site? Or directly from from the Award web site. Thats where I would go.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Award got bought out by phoenix, and on award's site it says go to esupport.com to get it. Phoenix has nothing on there site, esupport charges like $25 for a .bin file...

you need to get the bios from the motherboard manufacturer.. no ifs ands or buts.

if you don't know who the maker is, you can find out from the bios string.

Honestly, the best advice I can give you at this point is to refer you over to motherboards.org

http://www.motherboards.org/tools/moboidtools.html

If you are still unsure, visit their forum.. There are a number of experts that ID mobos.
    They have a forum section just for that..

ou need to get the bios from the motherboard manufacturer.. no ifs ands or buts.

if you don't know who the maker is, you can find out from the bios string.

Honestly, the best advice I can give you at this point is to refer you over to motherboards.org

http://www.motherboards.org/tools/moboidtools.html

If you are still unsure, visit their forum.. There are a number of experts that ID mobos.
    They have a forum section just for that..
    My motherboard manufacter directs me to awards site (makes sense). Awards (now dead) site leads me to esupport where they charge 25 bucks for a damn .bin file... Phoenix (who bought out award) offers absoulutly nothing. I KNOW what motherboard I have, I know what BIOS version + string I have. I do not need those things. I need the .bin file so I can update my BIOS!!!

Well I can't very well help you if you don't share the info that you do have.

What is the make and model of the motherboard ?
    What is the bios string ?
    What version bios are to trying to upgrade to ?

You have to give me something to go on.

and if you don't mind me asking..

Why do think you even NEED to update your bios ?
    Are there issues that you're sure you're going to resolve by doing this ?

And it wouldn't hurt to ask the folks at motherboards.org ..
    the ole "two heads are better than one" theory..