Thread: DVD backup

DVD backup

ok i have some dvd's of my own that i would like to backup on to dvd-r's. but i dont know how to copy the dvds to dvd-r's. i went out and bought a dvd-rw cd-rw combo drive and nero 6 ultra hoping it would tell me how but i dont know how. i would grreatly appreciate some help.

thanks

Nero won't let you "directly"copy copy-protected DVDs, that's what the "copy-protected"phrase means.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

.......... try DVDShrink .... its free and will downsize that dual layer dvd monster to a nice 4gb size to go onto a single layer dvd with Nero ... couldn't be simplier.

Get DVDShrink from here http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html and I am only telling you this because you own those DVD's and Nero you already have - nothing else required.. apart from a bit of spare time.

Depending on the grunt under the bonnet of you machine, the shrinking process can take anywhere from 20 minutes (my dual Xeon beast) to 2 hours (my 2.6 celeron)... and the burning well that depends on the speed of the DVD burner and media.

Have fun.

PS .. forgot to add, DVDShrink will maintain the structure of the DVD, menus and all.

phat thanks man works womders. just got dvd shrink and shrank american wedding in 25 min. thanks a lot man