Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bittorrent

bittorrent

my friend has download tv shows with bittorrent i that all right

Depends, which country were the shows created in, and what are the laws where your friend lives like with respect to international copyright laws?

EDIT: Which formats were the videos in? Did he run them through a virus scanner? Etc., etc...
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

usa

I can't speak to American copyright law, but in general it may not be legal to do so.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult

think you

so what shoud i do

Watch them?

What do you think you should do?
    Chris Shepherd

ok sorry lol

......... its probably not the downloading bit they are too worried about, its the re-distribution of copyright material (which by the nature of bittorrent, it is a given) that seems to be the problem.

I mean in the real world, as opposed to the virtual one, the tv station pays serious money for the rights to broadcast to your video/tv ... you watch/record no problems. Now, tape the show and start giving out to anyone and everyone who wants a copy, somewhere down the line someone is going to get mighty p***ed off - simply put, thats what is happening with bittorrents, the nature of the beast is that is generally gives as good as it receives.

Your friend will get a letter from the studio's or a visit from seriously mean spirited people, depending on what show it is he is downloading with bittorrent and from where the tracker is.

Shows like Dead Like Me, Stargate Atlantis, Family Guy, to name a few ... have been attracting cease and desist notices here in Oz.... "your friend" downloads (& uploads) at his own peril.

then i will tell hn to stop and not to do it agion