mpeg to jpeg

Thread: mpeg to jpeg

Flash M0nkey

mpeg to jpeg

Anyone know of a prog to convert an mpeg to a jpg (or other graphic format) sequence?

v_Ln

Adobe live motion ? I think it can convert mpeg to .gifs...not sure, you might wanna check on that !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

mplayer (1.0pre5-3.2.2) can output video using many drivers.

to name but a few, it currently has drivers which can output each frame to gif89a, jpeg and png. as well as ASCII art and colour ASCII art - these will work in a console! these options are passed with the video output flag
    -vo gif89a
    -vo jpeg
    -vo png
    -vo aa
    -vo caca

other interesting relivant options include
    -fps <value> to set the framerate.
    -frames <number> to convert the <number> of frames then quit.
    -sb <byte position> to seek to a byte position.
    -ss <time> to seek to a time position.

so you probably want something like

Code:
    mplayer -vo jpeg -fps 10 -frames 10 -ss 500 File.mpg
    the resulting files are normally huge.

get mplayer and codecs here http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Flash M0nkey
    should have mentioned am looking for windows software - pity as that looked perfect as well

v_Ln

********** |ceWriterguy
    I almost responded to this earlier, but couldn't quite figure out if you were wanting an *entire* mpg into one jpg, or if you were wanting to do vidcaps... Adobe livemotion does wonderfully. I'm curious if photoshop could do the captures? Never played with it.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

there is a Windows beta, but i've never tried it. so i don't know what functionality it has, nor do i know how well it works.

i'm sure you will find a suitable Windows app to do the job.

if all else fails, you might get away with painstakingly screenshooting the mpg...t'would be messy though.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!