Thread: Malloc????

Malloc????

Hello all,
    i have a friend that expierience the following problem:
    He receives the folloing message:
    Malloc disk space(don't ask me for something more he told me that and i couldn't get anymore information)
    His OS is winXP, he has 80GB hard disk and 60Gb are free. For his RAM i'm not sure but i think he has 256MB ram.
    I did a search in google, but i couldn't understand something. I see MALLOC has something to do with C++ but i don't have any idea of this programming language, I know a little PASCAL.
    So can someone explain what means that message and what can i do for stopping it?
    Please help!
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

Hmm MALLOC in C/C++ does what the name might suggest: memory allocation. It allows for dinamically 'giving' and 'taking' memory from different components of the program. Although I haven't seen this error message before I can only assume it's something related to RAM. Although 256 is enough to run WinXP, if he's trying to use certain programs that require a lot of RAM - or a lot of programs and tasks that quickly fill up his RAM - then it is expected that he might be getting an error when something tries to allocate more memory.

One thing: does the error show up always at the same program? Or is there anything in common between occurrences of the error? My advice is to scan with anti-malware first [for rogue processes that might be taking up RAM] and then try to use fewer things at once.

I'm open to being corrected since this is more of a hunch
    /\\

he gets the message when he starts Flash GET. Any idea why?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

If that's the case then probably FlashGet is corrupting some memory space. He could try e-mailing the people at FlashGet and letting them know about the problem, it sounds like it might be a program problem rather than his own computer if it happens only with this app. My guess is that FlashGet is trying to allocate itself some space but for some reason it's out of bounds or...

The exact error message would be good, but if that's not possible... try another download manager/accelerator?
    /\\