Cursor Problem, Need some help.

Thread: Cursor Problem, Need some help.

Cursor Problem, Need some help.

All of a sudden my cursor appears to have little dots around it. They are not the one where you can download for your cursor. When i highlight an icon on my desktop the little dots go on the icon also.

My graphics drivers are up to date and i ran Norton and it says no viruses.

Does anyone have an idea what it might be? I just started happening out of the blue and its very frustrating.

Thanks.

Are you sure the graphic is set to 32 bit ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Yes its set to 32bit.

Also when i go into my folders and stuff all the icons are messed up and have lines going through them.

Spridell,

Lines, icons mis-colored/shaped etc, graphics card or monitor dying has been my experience. I typed the stuff below before so it probably doesn't apply now, but.....

All of a sudden
    That kinda narrows it down to a change being made of some sort, either by the user or maybe something dying.

Is the Monitors Display normal? Does the display flicker more than before? Are there noticeable lines observed, etc. Check the settings for the monitor. Is screen resolution within the adapter and monitor capabilities? Change them to see if the dots go away. (i.e. if its set at 1024 by 768 pixels, drop it down to 800 by 600 to see if they go away etc.) Go into safe mode and see if the dots are still there. Shut everything down, unplug the monitor and let it set for a while, we dont have degaussing capabilities on these, but that might help. Check all the plugs, plug in another monitor and see if it happens on that one. If not, you'll most likely be looking for another graphics card.

My graphics drivers are up to date
    Has it been occurring since you updated the drivers or did the problem start after? Startup a program or game that has a lot of graphics. This can put a load on the card to see if any other symptoms appear. Does the card have fans on it and are they working properly. When you move the mouse do the dots trail behind or do they encircle the cursor?

The more things you try might help you narrow it down.

cheers

Connection refused, try again later.

PLease get AdAware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy, update them, and then re-boot into safe mode and run them.

I think that you have some old scumware called "comet cursor"

just a thought

I did everything you guys said, thanks.

It seems that if i restart my computer everything is fine for about 10 to 15 minutes then after that the cursor and the icons get all messed up. If i restart it goes back to normal then gets messed up again after a little.

Well it went the entire day yesterday with no problems. But today the problem is back.

The dots dont trail my cursor they are around the entire cursor. all my icons on the computer are blurred and have lines through them.

I started in Safe Mode and the problem doesnt happen in Safe Mode. All ran virus checks and ad-aware in safe mode and the computer is clean.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks