Thread: Network Cable unplugged?

Network Cable unplugged?

I'm trying to hook up an Inspiron 2650 with a 3Com 3C960 Fast Ethernet Controller card to my home network. However, my Internet connection gets dropped every five minutes. When I check "Network Connections" in "Control Panel", it says "Network Cable Unplugged", even though it's not. Five minutes later, the connection is up and running again! I've tried everything I can think of... to no avail. If anyone got any helpful suggestions to solve my problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Rob

A bad cable maybe? A bad switchport? Maybe the cable is too close to a magnetic field of some kind? A kink in the wire? A malfunctioning ethernet controller on the laptop? A loose cable end? Bad router firmware? Hardware incompatibility?

That's all I can think of right now. This looks like something you gotta solve with brute force. Get every suggestion you can, then eliminate them one by one until something works.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Well i used to have some problem n as Striek says u have to check all these things..... well my problem was rectified after changing the lan card..... hope this work for u....

Check the connectors on both ends...... May be u have missed one or two wires.... got my point
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!