Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed Network Technology

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Me Try to communicate ..... Answer => Shut Up DO what we want you to Do? No Ifs and Buts...
    There requirment is straight employess should see me So obviously a camera showing thing..... Now you said microwave....... Before calling anyone from there the H.O.D Wants a feasibility report of the technology we gona implemented a rough estimate she says.... so what you say how much it gonna cost.... And do they are infected by BAD weather.... ?
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Microwave and weather don't mix well. You will get drop outs if it's raining really bad or there is some heavy fog all the time. But drop outs mean slow connections during inclimate weather. Not necessarily broken connections. During a feasibility study one would want to be accurate and honest. You could say it's going to cost 50,000 just to shut them up, but that wouldn't be honest. I am not going to give you an estimate because that is impossible from here. For instance I would need the fibre capacity of your city and I haven't a clue what operting frequencies you have. In the US we can use 2.4 Ghz microwave without a license and with a license we can use 2.4Ghz at high power applications. Depends on line of sight also. For instance if you have to uild a 100 foot tower to get line of sight at each location your cost just went up 30 to 40 k. This entirely depends on if copper or fiber is available. The gigibit microwave connections require a different frequency band and a license in the US. Some go up to 16 t1 but their freqency requires specialized handling or some knowledge in RF. It will cook you like a hot dog. I'll post some vendors, you can read their products and estimate a price.

http://www.omniconnect.com.au/privat...sMicrowave.asp

http://www.p-com.com/frames/products_frame.html

http://www.nutelwireless.com/glenayr...um_radios.html

Those are a few vendors outside the use.

Something I don't have personal experience with, but is gaining momentum is Free Space optics. http://www.fsona.com/ Seems these things would be great for extreme requirements. Just pop one up in a window and beam across the street etc. Bring alot of Cash.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Links are very useful ..... I really appreciate that but what you wrote in the last reply is that these microwaves are infected by weather well problem is rain and offcourse FOG too ... so the connection will get slow any ratio of such analysis i mean any estimate that how much will it be infected by bad heavy rather when the weather is worst.....

Among the links i personally like Lynx & Pcom link .... excellen information..... Once again thank you for helping me in this crisis..... I owe you a Drink
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

AO French Antique News Whore
    You are far away to buy me a drink!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Attenuation of signal amplitude due to weather is not easy to deduce. They depend on output power, distance and frequency. Along with the rate of occurrences. There was a study I read in Africa about a 40 km link and its signal drop out during heavy storms. Some as high as 5dbm. That’s like cutting ¾ of the signal out. But high end MW link radios are VERY sensitive. But that study is based on 40k link not a small 2k distance. In fact up to 6 to 8 gigahertz you probably wouldn’t see much of an effect at all over short distances. In the 11 Ghz range you would see issues but the attenuation may not drop out the signal at that close a distance. Having said that…

If you suffer form atmospheric temperature inversion or stratification the attenuation is greater. If I remember correctly on basic atmospheric absorption from water molecules; the rule of thumb is .01 db per mile. Not bad and if the weather is extreme you just shorten the links. So instead of a 40k link you do 4 10k links. At 2k you are most likely not going to be bothered. RF simulation models will tell you for sure though... note that objects breaking the beam is also a consideration. Tall boats, planes etc.

I'll take a Beamish.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Well after going through your links...... I come across microwave and found abt the Ku and Ka band ...... if i am not mistaking ku band is effected by weather while the other one is expensive and has less attenuation from weather.