Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupied teachers!

Angry Stupid teachers!

Did anyone when going through tech school have to reinstall windows 98 more then 25 times. Thats are count right now.

I really think our teacher is wacked outta his mind.

The first couple time he's like well we want you to know how to do this really well. Then we're onto seting it up in Fat16 and then convert it. Then we do that again.

Then we make an auto install disk and even though this does make it easier we had to keep doing it so many freakin times.

Lately it's gotten a little more interesting with setting up triple boots and all but ever freakin time we have to reinstall 98 load the drivers set up a Novel network.

I want my old teacher back! Grahhhh!

Instead of doing this stupied sh** i could be at home working on that PHPBB forum on my server thing.

Windows 98 is beautiful.........................your teacher is a wimp!...........you should be made to use Millenium Editon...........................

"Mr Christian. give that man three dozen lashes"............Mutiny on the Bounty?

I am a horrible person, and deserve to be negged

In the mean time............just do what you are told, and get the grades?

Perhaps this is a tad overexcessive.

However you would be suprised how many colleges/University don't go into much depth when it comes to OS installations. The course materials from a handful I have seen usually only involve a one-off installation of the OS. They don't do "hands on" experience of File-Allocation tables, Unattended installation, migrations etc...

Windows 98? Is that some sort of old program?
    # Now if I ever needed inspiration,
    Right about now where I lose my patience,

you should be made to use Millenium Editon...........................
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Never say those wicked words again! Now be gone with you, wicked child - or the flogging shall recommence.
    # Now if I ever needed inspiration,
    Right about now where I lose my patience,

No i just forgot to add that part. We've had to install it as well. There was so much of an uproar throughout the class though that we only had to do it once. I mean when your students threaten suicide you gotta comply.

Aden, my friend,

When you have loaded ME and run it for a few hours............you will lick the floor that your current guru walks upon

I would agree with Aden. Instead of installing Windows 25 times, his teacher could have had him do 5 Windows installs, 5 Linux installs, 5 Solaris installs, 5 NetWare installs, and five BeOS installs. That would be a lot more educational than just the 25 Windows installs.

But what do I know?
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Heh.. as an educator I can tell you that sometimes 25 repeated installs are not enough. If the course is about Windows, it wouldn't make sense to know how to install linux, netware, etc. When I was teaching myself Solaris I re-installed about 50 times. It got to the point where I knew the install process inside out. There isn't anything wrong with knowing that IMO. You'll know when something goes wrong, what the potential problem is and probably be able to figure it out faster. And while it's annoying that they are using older OSes there are quite a few places that still have these OSes. It depends on what the course is about. If it's about providing user tech support for say an ISP, I'd say that'd make perfect sense.

Ideally most profs like to be more current but there are many things that interfer with professors or educators and the courses they make: lack of development time, lack of legit licenses, etc.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Heh.. as an educator I can tell you that sometimes 25 repeated installs are not enough.
    Yeap. Ive teached this entire semester only WINDOWS AD. 5 months. 10 hours/week. they did more than 20 installation/customizations, plus more than 30 exercises in lab.
    Final exam: build an small network (windows 2000/ad) and create about 30 users and deploy some policies. They need to do that in a group of 3-4 students. It was a paper with 6 instruction pages.
    They took 10 days to do that and some needed assistence to complete the exam.

I almost kill some

When your teacher said repeat and do it again, just do it again.
    we know wha u need
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

I guess i didn't consider my audience for this post. Should of realize that a bunch of you would be teachers. I have nothing against teachers i getting engauged to one really soon.
    It's just i feel our teacher is making us do this because he has nothing else better for us to do.
    I understand teaching by repetition.
    It's just that when we started off the year we had this really great teacher will call him Mr. C.
    Mr C was great and would constantly be helping us and when the class would go on break meaning the smokers would go out side and the rest of us would be taking a break MR. C would chat with us and still be teaching us just in a more personal manner. More through general conversation i guess you would say.
    Well then a teacher who was teaching one of the other higher level classes quite and Mr. C was the only one quilified to be able to take over the class. So then we lose him and get a replacement. WIll call him Mr. S.
    I remember one of the first things Mr. S admitted to.
    He said, "I probally know about as much about computers as Mr. C has forgot in his lifetime.
    There just isn't any comparrison. While we're doing these installs Mr. S is sitting over at his computer reading and sending e-mails because at home he has dial up.
    It's just a real dissappoinment and that is why it's getting to me!