Thread: Keylogger removal

Keylogger removal

I believe that I am using a pc at work that has a keylogger installed by someone who has/had full access to my network & pc, without my or my office's permission. The logged keys are then being emailed to this person. I'm pretty sure this is not on all but a select few aroud my office through different networks. Aside from the usual lockdown of changing passwords and such, how can I find and uninstall a keylogger that is in stealth mode on my pc's (without reloading all pc's)?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Just a curious question but can u tell me why you think someone installed a keylogger on ur box?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    What operating system is it on <windows xp, 98, etc> ? The Cleaner is a good one. they offer a trail version and after so many days you have to buy it or uninstall it> http://www.moosoft.com/. A talk with your administrator?

Win xp pro on all pc's.

If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.

Also, do a tasklist , and run the programs through google that don't look normal. This can help filter through programs to pin point some of these.

I will try the cleaner tomorrow, thanks, although I should have mentioned in my original post I have already tried a couple of unregistered versions of these types of programs and come up with nothing, I fear that the unregistered versions my not find a keylogger in stealth mode. Especially one that (as I've come to find out) could have many different process names, executable file name and so on. I will pay for one if I need to, but I would rather find it on my own not knowing how many pc's it could be on, up to 15.

Well, I wish you luck. Try what I said in the previous post, that has helped me pin-point acouple 'badies' myself< the tasklist>.

Thanks all. Will try all suggestions at work tomorrow.