Thread: Strange. Absolute Strange!!!!!!

Strange. Absolute Strange!!!!!!

Hello all!
    Today something very strange is happening on my network. When i started my PC my KERIO firewall is always asking me what to do with one incoming conection.

_______________________________________________-
    [08.12.2004 ã. 21:43:49]

Direction: incoming
    Local Point: 0.0.0.0, port 1025
    Adapter: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
    Remote Point: 213.91.228.206 [213.91.228.206], port 4502
    Protocol: TCP

Application path: System
    Description: system
    File version:
    Created: N/A
    Modified: N/A
    Accessed: N/A

RuleId = 536870933
    Please any suggestion?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

do you think it is possible his computer has been infected / hijacked / compromised and your computer has been attacked and could also be infected / hijacked / compromised ?

1024 - the port you're talking about is RPC.... How can you trust him exactly? What makes you think he's OK too trust? Do you allow him to know your IP? What exactly made you think he was OK?

He is a friend of me. We live in the same building. And we use LAN chat enterprise for comunication(so he must know my IP). Ah, and few minutes ago i was visiting him and i found out he has a worm svcsp.
    And gore what means RPC?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

RPC = Remote Procedure Call .. can be used by a service for legit means, or in your case by a worm to propogate to another machine.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Taking this a step further, port 1025 is MSTask Scheduler. Also, look at your rule ID number (RuleId = 536870933) and reference it on the support page provided by your vendor. It will surely tell you when, how and why it triggers.

If you REALLY want to know what is up, fire up ethereal and watch the network traffic from his host to yours.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden