fonts in windows

Thread: fonts in windows

fonts in windows

a question about number of fonts in windows...
    is there any limitation for it?
    if yes,how can we change it?

Banned
    i really do no the number of fonts in fresh windows 98 install ,( not counted ) may 5 - 10 but i don't think that we have a font limit, do we ??

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Which Windows OS are wwe talking about ?

You can install a maximum of approximately 1000 TrueType fonts in Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Millennium. The exact number of TrueType fonts you can install varies, and depends on the length of the TrueType font names and file names.

Source
    and i think 1000 Fonts are more than enough................at one time i had like 400 fonts installed and it gave me warning everytime i installed a new font saying "It might Slow down my computer "

And not to forget Various Applications have their own Font Limits ...............Adobe Photoshop I don't think Displayed all my 400 Fonts

--Good Luck--

Flash M0nkey
    ummmm I hvae 1500+ fonts installed on my XP pro machine and it runs fine (and all fonts are displayed in photoshop CS & Flash MX 2004)

tho it does become a bit of a problem finding the one i need - lol
    but i have a font viewing prog for just that - tho it does have a tendancy to crash out if i scroll through them to fast >.<

v_Ln

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

This Limit of 1000 Fonts only Applies to Windows 95/98/ME..................in Windows 2000/XP i belive there is no such limitation .