Thread: Bug in parsing of URLs

Hi mom!

Bug in parsing of URLs

Somehow, a HTML newline tag appears in some (longer?) URLS, after parsing. See my post here

It looks like MsMittens' post above mine also has the same bug, but she encapsulates the url in a quote (?) Don't know what's up with that. Maybe it's the string http://secunia.com/multiple_browsers...rability_test/ that gets broken off because it's to long?

I disabled the "Automatically parse URLs" option in this post.

EDIT:
    There also appears a space in the URL (right after the slash between 'secunia.com' and 'multiple_browsers'. This happening in an ordinary word in a post is OK (it forces wrapping of long words) but it shouldn't happen in parsed URLs.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Regal Making Handler
    Thought I would add a problem that I have come up against, that is similar, rather than start another thread.

I can spell, "from" but take a look here:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...r=1#post812691
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

jinxy -- can you elaborate on this problem? I'm not clear exactly what's going wrong.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Regal Making Handler
    mnstrgrl,
    At the end of my post I tried to reference the souce of the article I posted. So typed," here": then pasted the uri...................The following is the output, I see having submitted the post.

Wrom: NNYCGPKYLEJGDGVCJVTLBXFGGMEPYOQKEDOTWFA

If you look at my next post in the thread the uri is correctly displayed.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...r=1#post812693
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

That's quite strange. I don't understand at all why you'd get the strange "Wrom" output. Are you saying your URL was replaced with that text? There's no reason for that in the code, and I have trouble believing this is caused by a bug in the code.

- h

Regal Making Handler
    That's quite strange. I don't understand at all why you'd get the strange "Wrom" output. Are you saying your URL was replaced with that text? There's no reason for that in the code, and I have trouble believing this is caused by a bug in the code.
    It is strange indeed and yes that is exactly what I am saying, from got changed to Wrom. The Url got changed as posted above.................It is not the first time it has happened either.

The common denominater in the two times this has happened would seem to be, posting a large amount of text enclosed in the quote tags, followed by pasting the Url of the post source.

I think that both times this has happened, I have been using Firefox, but the first time was quite a while ago so I am not sure about that..................Could it be a glitch my end?

The problem may be on your end.... I've never seen this myself or heard about it happening to anyone else. I'm not even sure what the "Wrom" designation is for, google has been very unhelpful on that. If anyone wants to point me in the right direction for some information about that, it'd be appreciated.

- h