microsoft problem HELP!!!

Thread: microsoft problem HELP!!!

microsoft problem HELP!!!

ok i am having a problem with an xp pro operating system. i am running it on a dell optiplex with 512mb of ram. now the problem is when i have any program open on the desk top i am getting the grey out thing that usually happens when you switch to a new window and leave that one up and open in the background, but there is no other program open just that one. i have close all other apps. ran virus scans and looked for adware with adaware se as well webroot spyweeper interprise edition found some adware and removed it but still happening. can anyone please help i am at a losse for words on this issue.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Somrthing hidden is removing the focus from the currentwindow to itself. That is extremely suspicious behaviour.

Tryhere first.
    Then try Ad-aware, (google will help)
    Then try The Cleaner, (google again)

If it persists get Hijack This, (remember google ), and post the results here as a .txt attachment please.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

i tried all of those as well found nothing its like something is turning the window on then off it happens about 60+ times a day i am about to just blow out the computer and start from scrach.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You forgot one.... posting the Hijack This here..... It'd be helpful input from you and might allow people to make intelligent comments regarding your issue....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides