Linux burning with K3B

Thread: Linux burning with K3B

Linux burning with K3B

I just did something a minute ago, and I made effort into wondering about something:

Who the hell can honestly say Linux isn't ready for Aunt Tillie?

I downloaded the ISOs for Free BSD 5.3 RELEASE, as many of you know, because I made a thread for it being released. Well, I did NOT download the MD5 for the ISO files, and a minute ago I decided too see what would happen if I just clicked on the ISO for Disk 1.

Much to my surprise, K3B popped up for SUSE Linux 9.1 Professional, and then as I'm reading, I see a bar going across, and I'm like OK, what is this?

It was doing something, and then a second later I realsie what it was, because it said "MD5" with a green check mark. It had downloaded the MD5 FOR ME and checked it! And then I pop in a CD-R and click start.... It burned it and spit the CD out when it was done.

You have to be a HUGE stupid idiot to think this is still to hard to use... All I did was click on the ISO and when I saw what it was doing I popped in a CD-R and it burned it for me when the CD-R was in and I had clciked start.... Serioulsy who the hell actually thinks this is still to hard?

I made two clicks:

One on the ISO and another on Start after I put a CD-R in and it's done!

I'm always being amazed with SUSE Linux, btu this was just awesome. I didn't have to do a thing!

I just needed to make a post about this because even Windows XP doesn't do that.

I agree with you. I think it's time to see more linux on the home desktop.

I didn't realize that k3b had put in such pimpin features. I always felt it was trying to clone nero (which i don't see anything wrong with that) but when you say it's checking md5's (weep) for you, that's pretty nice. Time to upgrade my version.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Windows XP doesn't even have anything to burn an ISO. That's just freaking sad that M$ can't include that.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Gore,

I must agree k3b is a hell of a good prog. I am merely in gnome so i don't have directly access to kde-apps, but gnome doesn't have a nice cd/dvd burning proggie, so i'd try the k3b to see if its worth its rep. I had 29 dependencies to install along for it cause i'm in gnome, but its well worth it.

I also have to admit that kde is a quite good click-and-point environment for the "Aunt Tillies", whereas i don't want to cap off the excellent rep kde also has along linux guru's.

Anyway I feel for me personally a kinda bare gnome with some kde-apps is fiesta

Cheers
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

I got out of bed today and checked my Mail. The Free BSD installation tutorial I wrote, may become part fo the Free BSD documentation project. I've had 4 people tell me to submit it to free BSD on the Documentation list. that was kind of a nice change.

K3B is probably one of the best I've ever seen for burning. Much better than anything Windows seems to have.

Whoever made coffee this morning at my house made it weak as hell and they already turned the pot off, so I can't have any

*Grabbing Mountain Dew Amp*

********** |ceWriterguy
    Ok, now I'm getting a hardon for Linux again... time to buy a 2nd drive for dualboot...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Hehe, I just finished my project. I got Slackware 10 and Free BSD 5.3 to go on my machine. My Compaq now has Free BSD and Slackware on it. I'm updating Free BSD right now. The whole thing. From sources

Can't wait until I get my laptop and can hit up some SuSE 9 lovin from Maestro.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Originally posted here by chsh
    Can't wait until I get my laptop and can hit up some SuSE 9 lovin from Maestro.

*Chest swells with pride*

this is like when the BOFH saw the PFY setting the server on fire to get a raise

[After trying hard to find an answer to this]

Does K3b have an option that I somehow missed to 'burn' to .iso instead of .img when copying from CDs? Or does anyone of you know of a program to convert .img to .iso? There's somet stuff I need to use in VMWare and there is only .iso support and a physical cd-rom... I know ISOs can be mounted with mount, didn't manage to do anything with .imgs... help appreciated, thanks!
    /\\