Thread: 2003 Server question

2003 Server question

I'll try to explain this the best I can. First of all i will give you the company layout.

1)Headquarters= here we run 2 2003 servers standard one that is a file and print server and one that runs exchange 2003, also we have an NT box that is the DHCP server and is also the symantec server(this computer is not joined to the domain,but is part of a workgroup)

2)Chicago(remote location) running Novell 3.2 with a mix of clients, xp,win98) Now the XP machines are part of the domain, but the 98's can't join..Now all the computers here can see the NT box and get the definitions from the symantec server. But none of them can connect to the exchange server directly, they have to use the webaccess. I want them to be able to use there desktop Oulook to get there mail.

Of course you can see the problem, We have no VPN working as of now. is there anyway for me to set it up so these remote computers can connect to the outlook server?
    Video games do not effect kids... if Pacman effected us as kids we\'d all be running around in a darkened room muching on magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

AOs Resident Troll
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;555038

Windows 2003 does not support window 9x clients.

There is a hot fix so the 98 clients can authennticate

Have you installed this???

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

No, but i will give that a try. Any idea how to get the xp machines to see the exchange server? they see the NT. Thanx for the heads up on the 98 machines
    Video games do not effect kids... if Pacman effected us as kids we\'d all be running around in a darkened room muching on magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

How is the remote location connected to the HQ? I read your post 3 times seeing if I missed it. I think that is the key missing information to solving this problem.