Thread: Possible Trojan ?

Possible Trojan ?

Greeting's

I use a software known as "the cleaner" for detecting and deleting Trojan's. As a part of the entire software-suit it includes an element known as "TCActive" which moniter's specific keys of the windows registry for changes. I use this software to scan for trojan's everyday before shutdown and check the log next day for what files it couldn't scan etc.

While going through the log's today i found following unsual entry which i obviously cannot make sence of because my computer is not connected to any network.

[12/10/2004 12:56:01 AM] scanning \\?\C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM\WMIADAP.EXE
    I already scanned with my antivirus (PC-Cillin) with latest scanning pattern files and it did not detect anything, nor did housecall.

I just want to know if this is anything i should be worried about.

Also I want to know site's where you can submit a (possibly) infected file and they scan it with multiple anti-virus and give you the reasults

One more thing i know that it's the exicutable file for "windows Managment Instrument" but i have hardly any clue what it stands for and how it works.

Thank you all for you time,
    Bytewrangler

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Look here
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hoopy Frood

ByTeWrangler

Hey, ByTeWrangler. This is not meant as a flame or a putdown, just a helpful tip. All TigerShark did to get that information was perform a Google search on the filename you provided and the information was the third result down. Just something to keep in mind and a handy tip to keep under your belt.

Regards,
    Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard