Spot the Not!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spot the Not!

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Question Spot the Not!

Spot the not...

My wife and I recently moved into an apartment building. We've felt this sort of "weird presence" ever since we moved in. Well, I decided to take some photos around our building to see if I could capture anything.

I took three pictures before the camera battery died, and I'll attach each picture with a definition in the next three posts.

Take a look at the three "unretouched" pictures below. One of them is truly and completely unretouched. The other two may or may not have been Photoshopped.

Basically, I have an intense interest in the paranormal, but I also like to disprove hoaxes.

So here's my challenge: See if you can figure out which picture(s) is(are) real, and which one(s) is(are) faked, and tell us your reasons for choosing as such. I'll answer any questions you may have, and I'll give the correct answers eventually.

I used my Nikon Coolpix 2500 for each picture.

Good Luck!
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Picture 1

The mailboxes in the front of our building like to unlock themselves periodically. I had my wife take this picture of me on such an occasion. If you look closely in the reflection in the glass on the door, you can see what appears to be a man with a white shirt on. Neither me nor my wife saw this face when the picture was taken. Me, because I was facing the other way, but my wife swears she saw nothing.

Picture 2

The strange presence seems to center in the basement, specifically the trashroom. This is an image of the four trash barrels in the trash room. None of them were moving when I took this picture, yet it appears that one of them was.

Picture 3

Another picture of the trash room. None of the lights were on in the trash room when I took this picture. Also, there are only flourescent lights in the adjoining room, so I don;t think this is a trick of shadows or light. I did not see a face when I took this picture, but I did feel a strong, angry presence.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I wouldn't like to say which one[s] are real / fake.

Although I feel that

No1 looks like the spirit from the magic mirror in Snow White.
    No2 looks most like it was the victim of photoshock :P
    No3 is too cliche'.

If you REALLY do get a bad 'vibe'

MOVE.
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    weird stuff dude.....
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

#2 and #3 are 'shopped, and #1 looks like something blowing outside of the window.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I agree with Foxy on number 3.
    No3 is too cliche'
    Number one is well done, but when you inhanse the window area in the pichure, the resulting image is too detailed and perfect to be anything but reworked. (edit> looks like a graduation photo or something overlayed on the window....very lightly)

Number 2 is interesting in the way the shadows are also showing movement, but of what kind??? If any one of the three is untouched, then I would have to say number two is the only one it could be.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    dammit! now I can't go to sleep tonight lol <probably around 2 like I usually do, oh well> . Well opening the pics with my trusty hex editor I can see that all have been used in someway by adobe photoshop, what time you took it, camera type, blah, blah.....

umm..tricky. Like everyone else ,number three seems obvious. It could be one of those holloween cut outs you put over your lights or something<photoshop>.

Number two seems more believiable. But looking more closly it looks like you used the blur tool. And also, the shadow cast against the wall from the can lid doesn't make sense!?! If that would have cast a shadow then wouldn't the trash bag and other cans have also?

Number one is a little bit hard to see on my LCD screen but on my other one its easier. It looks believable at first glance but his head is out of proportion.

All in all, I think you messed with all of them especially since all of your pictures have 'Adobe photoshop' headers in the source.... Just my thoughts

********** |ceWriterguy
    Ok, since others aren't hiding their spoilers, I won't either.

Number one is obviously fake. It, as previously stated, is a graduation pic, or an 'old timey' formal portrait of some kind.

Number two is real - It appears to be a low speed shutter setting on a wobbling trashcan, with the lid sliding down and in the proces of falling off as the shutter closes.

Number three is just entirely too cliche to be real - it appears to be photoshopped or painted in using a thick spray paint setting, then blurred somewhat, or a reflection of light off of a mirror with that particular image engraved upon it - the reflection being shown on the wall opposite the camera.

Just my 2 copper peices worth 3.5 cents.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!