Thread: A javascript problem ( I think!)?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

A javascript problem ( I think!)?

Hi, whenever i go to msn.com and click on the thing at the top that is kinda like a slideshow of different headlines that says "optimized for broadband" i get this java error. " Line: 5, Char:23, Error: Frame style is null or not an object, Code: 0, url:www.msn.com. what does all this mean? i have a dell p4 with DSL. 384 megs of ram on a fully patched XP box. thanx in advance.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    since I'm still on dail up I don't see the slide shows unless I'm at school. It might be bad programming on their part. What browser are you using?

It means there's a bug in a javascript used on www.msn.com that you really needn't be concerned with.
    If you're asking how to fix it, it involves contacting msn.com's webmaster.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

And if you're asking how to exploit it... you're in the wrong place

Basically somebody not very experienced in programming made a reference to a variable that should be pointing to an object but isn't. Typical first-year computer science error
    /\\

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I hey use IE and firefox... im not sure if this happens with firefox or not... ya this only happens on msn.com and no im not trying to exploit it, its just annoying that i cant see that damn slide show lol
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted