Hello everyone,
Here I am with another question. Well, i wanted to simulate a shell command execution visually, may be on a web page using some scripting language (PHP, or PERL). For example, if someone wants to execute a "ls -al" command, he/she presses a button on a web page, and then this command is triggered on the shell. But the user has only got the browser interface, in the form of a web page. Now we have to through back all the result (which we get after the command execution) to another web page. I wanted to know that :-

1) What scripting language would facilitate me the most for doing such thing?
2) Do I have to use sockets on scripting language level for tunneling the command from browser to shell and then getting back the result to a web page?

I have seen such thing in webmin, which is a browser based application, that operates on port 100 for configuration of a Linux box, from Samba to NFS. I hope I am conveying my point well. However, any kind of comments or enquiries are welcomed. Any help in this regard would be appreciable. Please guide me to any links, if you come across one. Though I am googling the issue as well.
Thank you
Ommy