Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: antivirus conflict

Angry antivirus conflict

does having two antiviruses will have trouble on my pc?

It could very easily.

Most everyone agrees that all you need is one good AV on your system at one time.

For a second av solution, or to check up on your av, use a free web service like Trend 'Housecall' http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Then you would have the residident scanner of your AV available at all times, and a very good second AV on call at anytime you would feel the need to run it.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Not really, it may decrease your performance, but if you have one and it's constantly updated, there shouldnt be a need for two, they also may get into each others business and it may result in some errors or something !
    O.G at A.O

i have eztrust and norton installed.Which one do you prefer?

Personally, almost anything except Nortons and/or McAfee.

The two I am the most sold on at this time is AVG by grisoft and Avast. Both are free and do a good job. (you can google both)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

cool! thanks!

Please note (this also applies to firewall and other software)

You should only have one variety of any product type running at once............so long as they live in their own folders you should be OK. Like AV scanning in the passive (demand) mode will not cause problems.............if you know wtf you are doing, as you will also be running it in safe mode?

You can have loads of AV, just be sure to update and run in safe mode.

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Well i remember loooong time ago..... i did this stupid mistake i tried to installed Norton and Mcafee both on my system. But couldn't do that as when you install the second one you will receive the message that you have to install the first AV...... Soon i realize that having two isn't worthy rather one is better if you keep it updated..
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Har!................neg away me harties

i tried to installed Norton and Mcafee both on my system. But couldn't do that as when you install the second one you will receive the message that you have to install the first AV
    This obviously has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are mortal commercial enemies?

Or maybe I am a lemon.............please squeeze me into your Martinis folks

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Originally posted here by nihil

Or maybe I am a lemon.............please squeeze me into your Martinis folks
    Lemon full of Juice or not
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!