Thread: antionline has malware?????

antionline has malware?????

Does anti online place cookies that spy or possibley slow my sys down....

I have my browser set to prompt for 3rd party cookies and a request to place a cookie from questionmarket.com asks to be placed on my PC....

Before I opened my browser I scanned with spybot and adaware and removed all found malware....

After opening my browser with homepage set to antionline and then closeing the browser I ran adaware and spybot again....Everytime I did this spybot found what is called DSO exploit...

I am not sure what the DSO exploit is but it sounds like something I would not want on my PC...

Is there anyone who knows the truth and is willing to speak it also...
    \"Convictions are much more dangerous to truth than outright lies\"

As long as your systems up to date and you`ve ran spybot and adaware you havnt got anything to worry about with the message about the DSO exploit.
    I`ve include a link that should give you a better idea about it.
    http://www.pchell.com/support/dsoexploit.shtml

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

okey i will try with the truth thingy to the best of my knowledge

Does anti online place cookies that spy or possibley slow my sys down....
    Antionline use Double-Click as it's Advertising server ..............and the cookies made by Double Click will be caught by AD-Aware and Spybot ........................There was a Law suit Against the Double Click which Double Click won but their Cookes are still picked up by Anti-Spuware programs..................but i belive double-Click is safe now.

Double Click has been mentiones in the Site FAQ and there are many Threads about it Use the Search Feature if you want more Info..

"Double Click is the service used by JupiterMedia to track and count the ads displayed on AntiOnline. Nothing is installed or downloaded on your computer. You can safely ignore your spyware software's complaints."

--From AntiOnline FAQ

After opening my browser with homepage set to antionline and then closeing the browser I ran adaware and spybot again....Everytime I did this spybot found what is called DSO exploit...

I am not sure what the DSO exploit is but it sounds like something I would not want on my PC...
    And regarding that DSO Exploit ...............Antionline has nothign to do with it .................Update your Computer with all the Necessary updates form Microsoft and you will be safe......................Microsoft has patched this DSO Exploit..................but even after teh Update Spybot will still pick it up............... it's because this isa bug in Spybot...............so wait for the next update by Spybot it will be patched too

DSO-Exploit is a security gap in Internet Explorer, Outlook and Outlook Express. Microsoft did already close this gap with security updates, so with current Windows updates and patches installed, it will no longer be a threat to your system.
    Spybot-S&D will still detect the DSO-Exploit, but instead of fixing it for good, it will unfortunately again set an invalid value. Therefore it will again be found with every scan.
    This little bug in Spybot-S&D has already been repaired and the respective fix will soon be available as a program update.
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...&highlight=DSO

--Good Luck--

Do a google search for WinPatrol by BillP Studios. Get the free version if you are a home user.

Use the cookie manager...............it accepts generics

The cookies are accepted, then destroyed.............

Cheers

I have read else where that the DSO exploit is an bug with Spybot. Doesnt mean that is actually there. I cant confirm this though. I do however know that the DSO exploit is found in darn near every search that I do on my PC...doesnt matter what sites I surf.

I am currently useing Spybot S&D TX this version avoides the DSO exploite FALSE POSITIVE for IE 6.1 and later.. if your useing any of the earlier versions of IE..upgrade now.. better still also install Firefox or other browser..

to prove that this is the issue.. do a scan.. fix.. shutdown Spybot SnD restart it.. scan again.. and voila there it is again and you have visited no web pages

oh yeh.. Merry Bah Humbug
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned
    if your one of the smart people who uses mozilla firefox theres a pluging called adblock and you can filter all flash ads/images WITH wildcard (i love it) from any source. i have doubleclick and all kinds of other spamcrap advertisers blocked. i havent had a flash ad since i blocked like 5 of the main ad servers. flash ads slow my system down so bad i couldnt bare it.