Thread: Again Kerio

Again Kerio

Hello all!
    I don't know what is the matter with the KERIO Perosnal Firewall. It is reacting very strange. When I start downloading two files at the same time then it use the processor at 90%. I have the latest version installed on my system. Does anyone had the same problem??? And do yoiu know what is the solution?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

more information plz Danielsd

What pc spec dp you have;

operating system.ram.processor etc...

ive just looked at one of your last posts, which led me to think you are having problems with a virus etc that may not be easy to detect.

This may be of some help to you......

You said in a previous post you were having problems with svchost.exe
    have you sorted this problem out?

If you want to know what process is using svchost.exe I would recommend Process explorer from http://www.sysinternals.com/

or

To know what services are launching svchost.exe, take a look at your services list in the administrative tools (start -> settings -> control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services). There will be a few things there that load that executable

1. Open Regedit (start -> run -> type in regedit -> Press Okay)
    2. Back up the registry (file -> Export Registry File -> Set the range to all -> Choose your save in directory -> give the file a name -> click okay)
    3. Take a look at the following Reg Key : HKEY_LOCALMACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
    4. Examine the values associated with Run. These are the items loading on boot. If you don't know what it is, then Google it. Once you know what it is, then either leave it or delete it. Either way, take note of the location of the exe cause you will be looking at the properties later on.
    5. Take a look at the following Reg Key : HKEY_LOCALMACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunOnce
    6. repeat step 4.
    7. Take a look at the following Reg Key :
    HKEY_LOCALMACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunOnce
    8. Repeat step 4.
    9. Take a look at the following Reg Key :
    HKEY_CURRENTUSER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
    10. Repeat step 4.
    11. Take a look at the following Reg Key :
    HKEY_CURRENTUSER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunOnce
    12. Repeat Step 4.
    13. Close your registry editor and start finding those executables you just took note of.
    14. Once you locate the executables and examine the last modified times of them. If they are windows executables and the times don't correspond with you default install times, then you will probably want to re-extract them from your windows CD Learn how to extract files, or the i386 files if you have them. If the files are not Windows files, but distributed by some other company, perhaps an uninstall and verification of the removal of their exe is in order. Take a look at their install files and see if they provide you with a files/ time list.

hope this helps
    The more you know, the less you understand!

My OS is winXP, the processor is Athlon XP Barton 2500+, I have 512RAM.
    You are wrong Konshuss i don't have a virus. I was asking for svchost, because it was asking me for permission to use internet. When i looked what process are running under svchost.exe there was nothing suspicious.
    I just looked in the readme file for Kerio and i found out that there it is written:
    Version 4.1.2 " solved problems causing 100% CPU usage" Solved??? No they are not! So I must wait for the next version of Kerio, perhaps then everything will be fine.
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

A lot of people like keiro, i used it for a couple of days and then stopped using it as i had problems with it. From all accounts it is a good firewall,

I just looked in the readme file for Kerio and i found out that there it is written:
    lmfao
    maybe they were all stoned when they made that version and forgot to actually correct the faults that they solved! try using a different firewall and see if you still get similar problems....

anyways, good luck mate
    The more you know, the less you understand!