Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firewall------>The best for windows

Smile Firewall------>The best for windows

Can you say me where is the best firewall for windows?

Every firewall is good if you configure it right.

I use the one from Sygate, been good to me

http://www.uant.net/firewall/sygateg...n=googlesygate
    O.G at A.O

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Try using Tiny If you can configure it well.... if you want an easy to configure firewall try ZONEALARAM.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Forum search is your friend.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    If you're running XP with SP2, get the inbuilt firewall running NOW.
    Use it until you have chosen and installed the new version.

To paraphrase ©opy®ight :

It doesn't matter which one you choose - Just choose one, and use it.

Free firewalls :
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...rewalls%2Bfree
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I downloaded Sygate after checking out this

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=262916

and I've been happy with it.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Re: Firewall------>The best for windows

go for IPCOP as hardwarefirewall ! runs on a indipendent system . forget windows xp firewall.
    imho a hardwarefirewall is more secure than a softwarefirewall.

Banned
    well of course hardware is better, and there have been posts that the inbuilt XP firewall sucks, and is easily compromised. im still trying to find a firewall that works well with a low end windows system. it seems that a lot of companies are going for the memory hogging XP looking apps and forgetting about their friends with the old equiptment. sygate is decent, but i have had problems with it crashing....and the fact that to get it working you have to rename a file and copy it to /windows/system.

Re: Re: Firewall------>The best for windows

Originally posted here by skarsatai
    go for IPCOP as hardwarefirewall ! runs on a indipendent system . forget windows xp firewall.
    imho a hardwarefirewall is more secure than a softwarefirewall.
    Originally posted here by karmine
    well of course hardware is better, and there have been posts that the inbuilt XP firewall sucks, and is easily compromised. im still trying to find a firewall that works well with a low end windows system. it seems that a lot of companies are going for the memory hogging XP looking apps and forgetting about their friends with the old equiptment. sygate is decent, but i have had problems with it crashing....and the fact that to get it working you have to rename a file and copy it to /windows/system.
    I would like to see your research that leads you to believe the XP firewall sucks. If you ask me, Sygate is poor because they have 3 unpatched vuln's.

Including this one:
    Sygate Personal Firewall comes with a default rule set that blocks all udp requests, however if udp requests originates from source port 137 or 138 they are allowed, thus a malicious person could get access to all open udp ports on a target merely by sending all requests from source port 137 or 138.
    http://secunia.com/product/254/

there have been posts that the inbuilt XP firewall sucks, and is easily compromised
    I'd like you to link those for me.

Banned
    i could be wrong man. you dont have to get all mean about it, its been a few weeks and it could have been articles i read from other sites like hideaway etc etc. and no firewall is perfect i know unfortunately. but i still believe there was a post about how the XP firewall has some major issues
    that can be compromised by "hackers". but of course i cant find it now, nor am i gonna start a fight over the crappy OS to begin with