The Scot peterson trial
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scot peterson trial

Banned

The Scot peterson trial

I am so disgusted at our judicial system. Oj gets to walk free and Scott gets sentenced to deathrow. Based on what evidence? So the guy had a lover, that doesn't mean he is a cold blooded murderer. They had no dna evidence, they couldn't even determine laci's death because her body was too decomposed and her head is still missing. His house had no evidence of blood, there was a burglary on that same street that day , but yet nobody seemed to care about that. I don't pressume he's innocent, but there's certainly not enough to evict this guy. That jury , I wonder how they sleep at night after sending a man to deathrow right around x-mas. Any thoughts?

Its about time that piece of **** gets what he deserves. The sad part is that now its going to take forever to get him killed. More of my tax dollars going over senseless expenditures. He should have been right after he was found guilty.

Well I don't live in your country so I can only speak in fairly general terms.

#1 I am so disgusted at our judicial system. Oj gets to walk free and Scott gets sentenced to deathrow. #2 Based on what evidence? #3 So the guy had a lover, that doesn't mean he is a cold blooded murderer. They had no dna evidence, #4 they couldn't even determine laci's death because her body was too decomposed and her head is still missing. His house had no evidence of blood, there was a burglary on that same street that day , but yet nobody seemed to care about that. #5 I don't pressume he's innocent, but there's certainly not enough to evict this guy. That jury , I wonder how they sleep at night #6 after sending a man to deathrow right around x-mas. Any thoughts?
    OK, I have numbered certain elements of your question and will give the thoughts that you requested:

1. Yes , your and my judicial systems are disgusting. They are based on "contention" rather than a desire to determine and dispense justice. Both sides want to win, and that is all, and the guy with the most money (like OJ?) can afford the best "justice. There is a saying that "justice is blind"...........doesnt mean that she has to be stupid as well?

2. That presented to the jury by slimeball lizards?

3. Exactly, so what?............I am not familiar with the case, but was he "doing things with animals" or whatever would dilute reasonable doubt.

4. Dangerous ground here.....like if he is NOT the guy.......the real killer is still out there and the enforcement agencies have not done their job And the population is at risk...........

5. To be a juror you must not PRESUME guilt or innocence. I wonder how many of those jurors could spell "presume" and "prejudice"? Similarly, sentimentality should not cloud your decision.

6. If I thought he was guilty, I would not give a damn..........if you think about it, that ties in with 5. above?

OK, those are my thoughts. They are based on a total lack of knowledge of the case, but on a lot of (subsequently admitted) miscarriages of justice in my country.

Cheers

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    I am so disgusted at our judicial system. Oj gets to walk free and Scott gets sentenced to deathrow. Based on what evidence? So the guy had a lover, that doesn't mean he is a cold blooded murderer. They had no dna evidence, they couldn't even determine laci's death because her body was too decomposed and her head is still missing. His house had no evidence of blood, there was a burglary on that same street that day , but yet nobody seemed to care about that. I don't pressume he's innocent, but there's certainly not enough to evict this guy. That jury , I wonder how they sleep at night after sending a man to deathrow right around x-mas. Any thoughts?
    First off and sadly, one should know that Christmas means nothing to 'nobody' anymore. Its just a material giving day, not what it was traditionaly meant for: Christ's birth!

He had the perfect alibi: Cheated on his wife and then the dissapearence of her that turned to the death of his wife!?! All too weird to be innocent.. Did you look at any of the pictures or clips of him? He does not look at all upset. Hell, If my wife died and my future child died as well I would be balling; not sitting there with a bored look on my face. Then you have the factor that this has been going since 2002 <am I right here?>. Different pressures would want to have this over with.

I don't know, its too late here and I'm half asleep but I do believe he deserves nothing lighter. If we do not take care of him, God will play it out on him when his time comes.

kurt

Banned
    I think that the question of death penalty is what is at stake here. So many innocent people were saved from deathrow by the discovery of dna. Meaning there were many innocent people that were going to be murdered by our justice system.
    Yes, I agree that he never showed any emotions, but then again, we don't know what kind of a mental state he was in...neither do we know what type of personality the guy had to begin with. A lot of people that lie, make a scene, cry and deny. Many defense lawyers tell their clients not to show any emotion. Secondly, yes, he acted very weird. But the media didn't want to portray an innocent man, so they emphasized only on the negative. Nevermind that he was very cooperative with the detectives from the beginning, nevermind that the evidence was poorly collected and labeled wrong and therefore destroyed.
    What makes me wonder is how in the world do you tell cops your aliby is exactly where you dumped your wife's body? Things to make you wonder if this guy is really guilty or not.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Nihil - if you can get a copy over there, watch 'Runaway Jury' - it's based on a John Grisham novel by the same name - most interesting insight into US juries and jury selection.

Moana - on death penalty - sorry, but I'm a Texan.. A good quote from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour might help clarify a bit.

Texas is now considering a law that if more than 3 people witnessed you committing a capital crime, you get placed at the head of the line to be executed. Most states are debating whether or not the death penalty is legitimate. My state's putting in an EXPRESS LANE.
    Fry the bastard. Guilt *beyond a reasonable doubt* is good enough.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

My first responce is who gives a crap about this guy? There are a lot more important things going on in the world that could have more time on the TV, but what do you see? Scott Peterson this and Scott Peterson that....

And death row? The guy is in California. He will sit on Death Row for another 20 years.

Now I was checking out the the statistics for California State prisons the other day and found this. (http://www.corr.ca.gov/Communication...nce_status.asp)

Acording to this we have executed 10 people since 1978. He has a higher change of commiting suicide, dying or having the sentence overturned than acutally being executed.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

********** |ceWriterguy
    Oops. Now it's personal. I login to check the boards and find this waiting for me...

I'm against death penalty. That simple reason is good enough to add negative antipoints.
    From some newbie named Iconoclasta who hasn't had the balls to post here anyways and is therefore unworthy of any respect. Aha! There's his other post... You see, I'm PRO death penalty, AND I carry a bit more ap's than you....so...oops! Hmm. Maybe stupidity is painful after all...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...372#post811372
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    ...From some newbie named Iconoclasta who hasn't had the balls to post here anyways and is therefore unworthy of any respect. ..
    Yup hate when that happens! I had these kinds of 'newbies' email me, pm me, and even put meta redirect tags in my guestbook<---Now that deserves no respect.. pfff. If you look throughout the member list you will see that there are 'hundreds' of these members. pfff oh well.

kurt

Banned
    |3lack|ce, I was unable to respond you on the other thread since it was closed. I learned a lesson on the APs. First I assigned points on an area where I didn't know it was a big nono. It was a mistake and I understand that. As someone who claims to be a senior member on this forum who makes valid points in which a lot of people agree with, giving me a negative point was the way to go?

It's rather stupid for you to neg someone because they are pro death penalty and you aren't, don't you think? It serves no purpose other than starting a Neg war, which I'm sure you don't want at this stage of your newbie life.
    You see, I really don't see a war of this kind to serve any purpose. I will not start a neg war because I'm past the "I know who you are, but what am I?" stage, not only as a newbie on an internet forum, but also in life. I speak my mind and observe the etiquete of the other forum members but past that, it's not too important for me to be admired as wise or intellectual person by any group because I have other more important concerns in life (family, bills, job). I guess I'm past stage that too!