Thread: What's for dinner.....SPAM/Phish?

What's for dinner.....SPAM/Phish?

OK Folks, here is areally weird one................

I have a Gmail account, and suddenly find myself getting these adverts from a French IT product supplier called "Micro Achat"..............I guess that in English, that works out something like "Microcomputer Purchases/Buyer" or whatever

Link to today's offering is here:

http://www.01net.com/outils/lastnewsletter/52.html

Now, on the mainpage...........that is the one that does not centre properly (there is an option to do this)....there is a link down the bottom to get a Gmail account, it would seem. If I click on it, it has already filled in the invite boxes with their name and e-mail When you take the correct/centre display option, this goes away.

Are they phishing for Gmail accounts? if so, why?

I have not given this mail addy out, and certainly not to a French IT supplier.

Anyone else seen or heard of anything similar?

EDIT:

These are the options on the mainpage that "go away"

Reply Forward Invite 01net.micro.achat to Gmail

Cheers

Yeah ... tonight, I'm calling out for Pizza!

Either these folks wake up screaming at night, or this phishing/SPAMming work is really paying off.

Right, I have figured out a part of it. It seems that any mail you open will ask you to invite them to Gmail............that looks like a Gmail fault?

Still have to look at the SPAM issue..........it started during a period of around 10 days when I did not open Gmail, and I do not use the Gmail account for serious business as yet.

I will keep you informed, which is more than Gmail did for me