firefox keepscrashing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: firefox keepscrashing!

firefox keepscrashing!

Does anyone have problems with firefox crashing all the time?

I have this problem on both XP Pro SP2 boxes that I'm running Firefox 1.0 on.

It only seems to happen when I'm using tabs. It crashes when I'm on AO all the time.
    It is really starting to get annoying.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Installing to a different directory. Changing user profiles.
    Nothing seems to fix the problem.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hrmm... Only on AO huh? Any chance you have Adblock installed or rather not-installed? And what version is your JRE?

Is it crashing when you first connect to AO or when you attempt to create a thread?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

yes i am also having problem wih FireFox Crashing all the time ................it generally happen when i am using the Reply Box for a long time it crashes Don't know why................It happns only when i am Typing for a long time in the reply Box ............otherwise it works just Fine

It's getting Annoying especially when you have typed a long reply and it suddenly crashes and you have to type all over again .................this crashing has become permenent now happens every time............... so i have stopped Replying from FireFox

I just Downloded the latest Verson of JRE just Yesterday ............it is happening with it also .

--Good Luck--

I have the latest JRE. I do have adblock installed. (latest)

It happens mostly when I'm replying to a message. I've elarned to ctrl-a (select all) ctrl-c (copy) often just in case it crashes so I don't have to retype everything again.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

It happens mostly when I'm replying to a message.
    Exactly same with me .................when i am typing for a long time in the reply Box

I use the same tactic But sometimes it Caught me by Surprise ...............and them it's pretty paneful then

it happens with or without AD-Block .

Tell me do you have a Big HOSTS file like me ?

I remember reading somewhere a bug in Firefox when a certain amout of Hosts file made it Crash ........not sure about it.....................and i remember this started since added that HOSTS file with many Entries

Crashes on me sometimes at thread creation. I get two javascript errors, then it goes bye-bye. Seems to be a JRE-related problem, not Firefox itself, I presume.

I don't think it is the hosts file... I only have 3 entries in there... localhost and two others...

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Seems to be a JRE-related problem, not Firefox itself, I presume.
    I have been using FireFox without JRE and this problem was there .....................Just yesterday i Downloded JRE thinking that it might be something to do with it ................didn't help

The Error Is the dreded illigal Operation one

--Good Luck--

My friends firefox crashed when he used gmail..i told him to update, then it was working fine, then it started crashing again ....

mine crashed 2-3 times so far, mostly by having too many tabs open !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

now that I think about it, mine crashes at home when I use gmail. (I can't test it at work... I'm blocked from webmail). Seems if I have more than one tab open it'll crash. If I only have one tab... I'm fine. weird. at least I'm not alone.